Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Call two files and merge all entities to create all combos Post 302932929 by MadeInGermany on Monday 26th of January 2015 12:21:37 PM
Old 01-26-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakunin
I have to apologize, somehow the filename fell victim to the copying and pasting from the terminal to here.

This line should read

Code:
grep -ve '^#' -ve '^$' "$fIn" |\

of course.

bakunin
The same in positive logic:
Code:
grep '^[^#]' "$fIn"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I get past an HTML::entities discrepancy on an RPM?

I have an RPM that I am trying to install and it keeps coming back with: I know I could kill the bird by throwing a "yum install *perl*" at it, but this seems like hurling a skyscraper at an ant... any better suggestions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files of differrent size with one field common in both files using awk

hi, i am facing a problem in merging two files using awk, the problem is as stated below, file1: A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|1 M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|2 AA|BB|CC|DD|EE|FF|GG|HH|II|1 .... .... .... file2 : 1|Mn|op|qr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi1982
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create new simple System Call.

Hello to all! I am new with unix and i need your help to make something.. First of all i want to inform you that i am working under the Minix 3 OS. What i want to make is, a new system call in terms of the process manager. This system call should take an integer as a parameter (input) and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kostis1904
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Hex character strings to HTML entities

Hi! I am not a whiz at awk and very unsure about the aplication of awk solve my problem. I was hoping for some quick pointers so I can figure this out. I have a file that looks like so: label.Asked=\u8CEA\u554F\u6E08\u307F button.Edit=\u7DE8\u96C6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnochio
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create and call mysql stored procedure in perl?

Hi, I want to create MySQL stored procedure and call the stored procedure using perl. I tried like this: use DBI; my $dbh = DBI->connect ("DBI:mysql:test", "root", "ibab", { RaiseError => 1, PrintError => 0}); $create_procedure =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCRIPT TO TRAP ILLEGAL COMBOS

Hello, I am trying to identify names which are "illegal" in the sense that they do not comply with the spelling norms of a culture. I have written NGrams for initial and final combos which are illegal. These are lists stored in 2 files named Initial and Final. Here are few... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge CSV files and create a column with the filename from the original file

Hello everyone!! I am not completely new to shell script but I havent been able to find the answer to my problem and I'm sure there are some smart brains here up for the challenge :D. I have several CSV files that I need to combine into one, but I also need to know where each row came from.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fransanchezoria
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking in a directory how many files are present and basing on that merge all the files

Hi, My requirement is,there is a directory location like: :camp/current/ In this location there can be different flat files that are generated in a single day with same header and the data will be different, differentiated by timestamp, so i need to verify how many files are generated... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files and generate a resume in two files

Dear Gents, Please I need your help... I need small script :) to do the following. I have a thousand of files in a folder produced daily. I need first to merge all files called. txt (0009.txt, 0010.txt, 0011.txt) and and to output a resume of all information on 2 separate files in csv... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
14 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)