Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX New IBM Power8 (S822) and StorWiz V3700 SAN, best practices for production setup/config? Post 302932774 by c3rb3rus on Saturday 24th of January 2015 10:01:22 AM
Old 01-24-2015
Wrench New IBM Power8 (S822) and StorWiz V3700 SAN, best practices for production setup/config?

Hello,

Got a IBM Power8 box (S822) that I am configuring for replacement of our existing IBM machine.

Wanted to touch base with the expert community here to ensure I don't miss anything critical in my setup/config of AIX.

Did a fresh AIX 7.1 install on the internal scsi hdisk, mirror'ed the rootvg and made sure it can boot from both hdisks in case one fails using this guide.

The AIX oslevel is 7100-03, going to check for any updates.

What about firmware/microcode? How does one go about updating that for the head unit?

Anything else I should consider doing before I start adding my SAN FC LUNs and moving over our application?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

ibm san cache battery with aix

Hi All, I would like to share this incident that happened the other day. I have a question with this, https://www.unix.com/aix/64921-create-new-vg-san-rename-fs.html And I thought it's related to the above link but the problem was the ibm san 4300 cache battery was dead and I need to click... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

First steps on Ibm SAN DS4500

Hello everyone ! Im new on Ibm San DS4500. Can you give me some tips to this, because I dont want to make a mistake. I have some questions. How can I know how much space get on the san, I cant find it. How can add more space to a partition. Do you have some tutorial about this. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
0 Replies

3. AIX

Question about IBM San Ds4500

I have a question about SAN commands I have almost 15Tb of disk on my san but assigned and something else I have almost 11Tb There is a command to know, what its my real total storage capacity and another command to know how much I used .? Thanks again in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
0 Replies

4. AIX

Which Forum for IBM Storage production are good?

Which Forum for IBM Storage production are good? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Cannot see the IBM SAN storage

HI all, I had recently change the Server storage from EMC to the IBM SAN. but after the configuration, the IBM success to see the server HBA port and successfully assign a LUN for the server. When i go to the server, and restarted it. i use the "format" command to check, but din see any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
1 Replies

6. AIX

IBM SAN storage -- cache battery

Hello, I have IBM SAN STORAGE DS4100 and one of the cache battery for the controller is dead. Suddenly the performance has been degraded and access to SAN disks ( reading and writing ) became very slow ? My query: Replacing the battery will take 6 days, so in the mean time what are the ways... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

7. AIX

IBM SAN TO SAN Mirroring

Has anyone tried SAN to SAN mirroring on IBM DS SAN Storage. DS5020 mentions Enhanced Remote Mirror to multi-LUN applications I wonder if Oracle High availibility can be setup using Remote Mirror option of SAN ? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. AIX

IBM AIX - SAN Storage DS4300 issue

Hi, This is follow up to the post https://www.unix.com/aix/233361-san-disk-appearing-double-aix.html When I connected Pseries Machine HBA Card ( Dual Port ) directly to the SAN Storage DS4300 , I was able to see Host Port Adapter WWN numbers , although I was getting this message... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. AIX

StorWize v3700 and Power8 (S822) AIX, configuration best practice for LUNs?

Hello, We have an Power8 System (S822) and a IBM StorWize v3700 SAN. The OS is AIX 7.1. With this hardware from what I read I need to download/install special SDDPCM drivers, so I did (SDDPCM VERSION 2.6.6.0 (devices.sddpcm.71.rte). I carved my volumes in the StorWize and presented to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

10. AIX

IBM Power Linux Cluster Fence device on Power8 Platform

wasn't quite sure which forum to post in. What typical fence device to configure for a Power Linux PaceMaker Cluster running on the Power8 Platform (S822 Model of hardware), or what should be ordered with the S822 for use as a Fence Device? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies
euctoibmj(1)							   User Commands						      euctoibmj(1)

NAME
euctoibmj, ibmjtoeuc - Code conversion between Japanese EUC and IBM-Japanese SYNOPSIS
euctoibmj [-t] [-u code] [-U] [filename...] ibmjtoeuc [-u code] [-U] [filename...] AVAILABILITY
SUNWjfpu DESCRIPTION
euctoibmj converts the contents of the specified filenames from ASCII/ Japanese EUC to EBCDIC/IBM-Japanese. ibmjtoeuc converts the con- tents of the specified filenames from EBCDIC/IBM-Japanese to ASCII/ Japanese EUC. The both commands write the resultant code to stdout. If filename is not given, input characters are read from the standard input. For Japanese language handling, the euctoibmj/ibmjtoeucj pair of commands provide conversion only between the two code standards. Code con- version among Japanese EUC, JIS, and PC kanji are supported by another set of commands, jistoeuc(1) family or iconv(1). OPTIONS
-u code With this option specified, characters in one code set that do not have corresponding characters in the other are mapped to the code given in four-digit hexadecimal HOST CODE of IBM Japanese (for euctoibmj) or in four-digit JIS Ku-Ten code (for ibmjtoeuc). Without this option, such characters are mapped to HOST CODE 4040 (for euctoibmj) or JIS Ku-Ten code 0101 (for ibmjtoeuc). -U The output is not buffered (The default is buffered output). -t With this option specified, euctoibmj translates Half-Size Katakana (Code Set 2) in Japanese EUC to the corresponding characters in Code Set 1 prior to conversion. Without this option, Code Set 2 characters in Japanese EUC are processed to the illegal charac- ter. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The environment variables LC_CTYPE and LANG control the character classification throughout these commands. For euctoibmj and ibmjtoeuc to work correctly, one or both of the environment variables must be set to ja or an equivalent locale. On entry to these commands, these envi- ronment variables are checked in the following order: LC_CTYPE and LANG. When a valid value is found, remaining environment variables for character classification are ignored. FILES
/usr/lib/jcodetables/ibmj-euc Code conversion table for IBM Japanese. SEE ALSO
iconv(1), jistoeuc(1), iconv_ja(5) DIAGNOSTICS
unexpected data encountered in input. Illegal character code is found in input file. BUGS
The ASCII/EBCDIC conversion table are taken from the 256 character standard in the CACM Nov, 1968. The conversion, while less blessed as a standard, corresponds better to certain IBM print train convertions. There is no universal solution. The Japanese EUC/IBM Japanese conversion table is based on the IBM Kanji codebook (4th edition - September 1987), JIS X 0201, and JIS X 0208-1983. If JIS X 0212 caracter set is specified as input, euctoibmj can not support the conversion correctly. SunOS 5.10 10 Jan 2003 euctoibmj(1)