Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Line count of trace files for 24 period Post 302932546 by bdby on Thursday 22nd of January 2015 08:58:50 AM
Old 01-22-2015
Hi ,

Here is the final solution that works for me. I spent 3 hours learning about the syntax and making adjustments. This I am presently using at work.

Code:
find /oracle/diag/rdbms/*/*/trace -type f -name '*d00*.trc' -mtime 0 -exec egrep -c 'NS Primary Error' '{}' '+'

After reviewing the results I made an adjustment to the search string to 'NS PRIMARY ERROR' . This returned unique timestamps when the files were detailed indicating the total number of times the request was refused.

Thanks for your suggestions.

regards

al

Last edited by Corona688; 01-22-2015 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: Fix accidental quadruple post

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert period at the end of each line

file1 contains: this is a test this is a test and only a test this is another test this is another test and only another only i'd like my file to look like this: this is a test. this is a test and only a test. this is another test. this is another test and only another only. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
6 Replies

2. AIX

function trace back and address to line number conversion

Hi, I am new to AIX and I am developing a small tool for our product which helps debug memory leaks etc. Q1)Is there a way in which i can get a function trace back as to the call (lets say malloc() )has been made in which file--> in which function. I tried using the #pragma options (... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wkdunreal
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Adding a Period at the end of a line

I started venturing in learning the art of using AWK/GAWK and wanted to simply added a period from line #11 to line #28 or to the end of the file if there is data. So for example: 11 Centos.NM 12 dojo1 13 redhat.5.5.32Bit 14 redhat.6.2.64Bit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get connection count over a period of time

I used this script to get the connection to a domain in two specific minutes. I need to extend to give result over a range of minutes. The below gives total number of connections in the minutes 00:40 and 01:13 on 22nd March. egrep "22/Mar/2013:00:40|22/Mar/2013:01:13"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil510
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the Files between Time Period

All, How to get the list of files through a unix command which exists / created / updated between 8 PM to 11:59 PM from a particular location. Regards Oracle User (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file1 header count with file2 line count

What I'm trying to accomplish. I receive a Header and Detail file for daily processing. The detail file comes first which holds data, the header is a receipt of the detail file and has the detail files record count. Before processing the detail file I would like to put a wrapper around another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pone2332
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of pattern matches per line for all files in directory

I have a directory of files, each with a variable (though small) number of lines. I would like to go through each line in each file, and print the: -file name -line number -number of matches to the pattern /comp/ for each line. Two example files: cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error files count while coping files from source to destination locaton as well count success full

hi All, Any one answer my requirement. I have source location src_dir="/home/oracle/arun/IRMS-CM" My Target location dest_dir="/home/oracle/arun/LiveLink/IRMS-CM/$dc/$pc/$ct" my source text files check with below example.text file content $fn "\t" $dc "\t" $pc "\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List line count of multiple files in windows server 2012

how to find out line count ( wc -l ) for multiple fines in windows cmd the command which i a using to find line count for single file is type sec0001.txt | find /c /v "" but how to use it for multiple files to get output filewise as if this command is run like type sec*.txt |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the pipes "|" in line and delete line if count greter then number.

Hello, I have been working on Awk/sed one liner which counts the number of occurrences of '|' in pipe separated lines of file and delete the line from files if count exceeds "17". i.e need to get records having exact 17 pipe separated fields(no more or less) currently i have below : awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)