Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Command to see the status of managed node from CLI of HMC? Post 302932347 by thisissouvik on Wednesday 21st of January 2015 03:40:28 AM
Old 01-21-2015
Hello Bakunin,

Your help worked, many thanks.. Smilie

-- Souvik

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Find node of a command

I want to know how to find a node path of a unix command. I tried the command which, but it didn't find the "makekey" command node path... Are there any tricks about the "which" command? Should I use this command on a special level of directories? Moreover, I am accessing in remote the computers of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blueberryffin
5 Replies

2. AIX

Command return value in HMC

I have script runninn from cron pulling backup of hmc through nfs share ssh user@hmc "bkconsdata -r nfs -h <hostname> -l <nfs share> " This works perfect and I pull the backups regularly.. but problem Now I need to enhance the script, like take action if a backup fails.. "How do I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
2 Replies

3. AIX

lauch command line from HMC

is possible to launch command line(shell) from HMC console? :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
2 Replies

4. AIX

HMC updates managed system firmware on both T and P sides ?

Hi, I'm planning to update managed system firmware to new release using HMC. This is cite from IBM documentation describing HMC managed system updates: What I know we install new firmware to T side and in case some problems we boot P side and reject new fw on T. So if HMC updates both T and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

5. AIX

Command to show HMC of this lpar?

Does anyone know of a command that can be run on the lpar to show the name of the lpars managing HMC? We have a large environment and records a little old on which HMC manages which lpars....if i could login to an lpar and just issue a command to show me its managing hmc that would be great. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Foiled
2 Replies

6. AIX

HMC login - Command line and terminal session

Hi Admins, Just a small question - Can we have multiple session for single user on HMC. e.g. Can I have a terminal session (via IE ) and command line (ssh) at same time ?? I am not sure whether it will impact HMC system or not. So want to make sure. let me know folks. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
3 Replies

7. Linux

Way to execute a command from CLI

OS : Linux Kernel ver : 2.6x Is there any legit difference between way that shell interprets the below mentioned command lines in Linux environment? Option A> . <exec_file_name> arg1 agr2 Option B> ./<exec_file_name> arg1 agr2 The reason for me asking this silly question is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
2 Replies

8. AIX

HEA configuration on managed node.

Folks, Please have a look to the attached screenshot from my managed node's HEA configuration option page. I would like to know - what does "Flow Control Enabled" checkbox help us with if opted for? Thanks! -- Souvik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conversion program/command via CLI

I already know about the docx2txt program, and it's extremely helpful. ssconvert is also really helpful, but unlike docx2txt, it works both ways. How does one convert a .txt file to .docx via CLI, or is it even possible?? This: docx2txt example.docx results in making a .txt file out of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a command in another cli

I am writing a script to login to to a mongo DB node and get the status of that machine. The usual work flow is : # mongo admin -u root -p root MongoDB shell version: 3.0.11 connecting to: admin rs0:SECONDARY> Then in the new prompt I can run a command to check status : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies
fddist(1m)							   USER COMMANDS							fddist(1m)

NAME
fddist - file descriptor usage distributions. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
fddist [-r|-w] DESCRIPTION
This prints distributions for read and write events by file descriptor, by process. This can be used to determine which file descriptor a process is doing the most I/O with. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-r reads only -w writes only EXAMPLES
Sample both read and write activity, # fddist Sample reads only, # fddist -r FIELDS
EXEC process name PID process ID value file descriptor count number of events BASED ON
/usr/demo/dtrace/lquantize.d DOCUMENTATION
DTrace Guide "Aggregations" chapter (docs.sun.com) See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
fddist will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. SEE ALSO
dtrace(1M) version 0.70 Jun 08, 2005 fddist(1m)