Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Email with attachment from local machine through UNIX Post 302931492 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 13th of January 2015 11:00:28 AM
Old 01-13-2015
What you are asking is to basically design and code an application.

I'm providing you what you asked directly, we are not a coding service.
You are asking:
how to email a file as an attachment
Oracle with a tab delimited csv file:
Code:
sqlplus -s user/passwd@instance <<EOF
set colsep '   '   -- there is a tab character between the  ' '
spool file.csv
@some_sql_report_someone_wrote.sql
spool off
EOF

email:
Code:
uuencode file.csv file.csv | mailx -s 'Excel format report' somebody@yourcompany.com

Next time please make an effort and show what you did. Give information about your UNIX system and the database: sql server, oracle, db2. This directly answered your questions, but it is next to useless for you, in the same way your question is not useful for us.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. How do I send email?

Transfering unix file as an email attachment

I've written a a script which generates a report file, saved to a unix directory. I need to transfer it, via email, to some users. The command I'm using in my script is: (note that subject & cur_address are set in the script prior to this line) cat /u/sandyl/sm_o_commdt_archive/c | uuencode... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slivi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfering unix file as an email attachment

I've written a a script which generates a report file, saved to a unix directory. I need to transfer it, via email, to some users. The command I'm using in my script is: (note that subject & cur_address are set in the script prior to this line) cat /u/sandyl/sm_o_commdt_archive/c | uuencode... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slivi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix to Lotus Notes email attachment

We have been trying to get an email from unix to Lotus Notes to work. We finally got it to work with the following code: cat filename | uuencode filename | mailx -s "subject title" email address Now our problem is that Lotus Notes doesn't show the paper clip icon, indicating an attachment... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowgilm
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix to Lotus Notes email attachment

Hi all, I have searched the FAQ and find that there is some threads related to this subject. But can you please give an examples on how to send attachment to Lotus Notes email through UNIX? Since i have gone through the RFC and the URL. But i still have no idea on it. Please give some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

send email from unix with attachment

Hello All, This is a common question that I found lot of results in the forums. I am trying to use uuencode to attach a file and send email. I have no issues sending email, but not able to attach any files using sendmail. Is uuencode part of sendmail or does 'uuencode' utility need to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email with attachment in form of excel in unix

Hi, I have a shell script which send email with an attachment in the form of an email. However, the when I open the attachment, all the data comes in one column. How do I format the data in the excel sheet while sending the email? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdebroy
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file attachment in email

Hi, I have a syntax for mail attachment as $EMAIL "Wrapper $wrapper_script_name has failed" " $wrapper_script_name has Failed " $failed_email_address and $EMAIL is as below MSGSub=${1} MSGText=${2} RMAIL=${3} #set LANG='' export LANG='' echo "${MSGSub}" | mailx -s "${MSGText}" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satgur
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

html format email with attachment in unix

Team, I have the below code, which is working fine and it sends the html report using sendmail command. I want to attach one more file ( which goes as attachment ) in that email. How to achieve it. i tried with uuencode. But no luck :mad: outputFile="/tmp/out.html" ( echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itkamaraj
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading the Attachment from UNIX email

Hi - How would you read in the attachment from your unix mail account? The attachment is in BASE64 so I need to isolate those lines so I can convert them. The number of lines varies from a few to a few hundred. To complicate matters, the mail box gets non related emails I want to ignore. The lines... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oliver Burns
3 Replies
CSV2MIPE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       CSV2MIPE(1)

NAME
csv2mipe.pl - Generates MIPE file based on 3 tab-delimited files based on MIPE version v1.1 arguments: * tab-delimited file with PCR-level data * tab-delimited file with SNP-level data * tab-delimited file with assay-level data Columns in file with PCR-level data: pcr_id pcr_modified (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") pcr_project (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") pcr_researcher (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") pcr_species source_type source_id design_seq primer1_oligo primer1_seq primer1_tm primer2_oligo primer2_seq primer2_tm design_remark (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") use_seq use_revcomp use_remark (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") pcr_remark (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") Columns in file with SNP-level data: pcr_id snp_id snp_pos snp_amb snp_remark (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") Columns in file with assay-level data: pcr_id snp_id assay_id assay_type assay_enzyme assay_oligo assay_specific assay_tail assay_strand assay_remark (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") SYNOPSIS
csv2mipe.pl <pcr_file.csv> <snp_file.csv> <assay_file.csv> ADDITIONAL INFO
See http://mipe.sourceforge.net AUTHOR
Jan Aerts (jan.aerts@bbsrc.ac.uk) perl v5.14.2 2005-07-20 CSV2MIPE(1)