Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Displaying command return in one line Post 302931455 by S. BASU on Tuesday 13th of January 2015 08:18:12 AM
Old 01-13-2015
Displaying command return in one line

Hello all

I have a query (SQL) that returns a rather long field from an Oracle database. The field in question is defined on 400 characters but all these 400 cannot be displayed by the echo command. Thus when I launch the following command:
Code:
echo "SELECT FIELD01 FROM TABLE_NAME;" | sqlplus -s <login>/<password>@<CONNECTION_NAME>

I get the folloiwng:
Code:
https://dec.parent_groupe.com/C10/cg...=cognosViewer&
ui.action=run&ui.object=storeID(%22i18DCC8B926BB446BA88844C3DFDED8A6%22)&ui.name
=Contr%c3%b4les%20ICARE&run.outputFormat=&run.prompt=true&cv.header=false&ui.bac
kURL=%2fC10%2fcps4%2fportlets%2fcommon%2fclose.html

Where as what I need is all of the above on one line.

Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks a lot

S. BASU

Last edited by Franklin52; 01-14-2015 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

displaying the first line?

how do i display just the first line of a file with the cat command or any command for that matter (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imuuk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

displaying the path in the command line

Hi all, Does anyone know how to ammend the .cshrc file in $HOME for your session to display the path as part of the command line? So that I dont need to keep on typing pwd to see where I am? thanks Ocelot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

displaying mutliple fields on command line

This is probably the dumbest question you guys can get, but I'm trying, as a complete noob, to display the unix calendar for all the months without Saturday and Sunday showing. How can I remove those fields without having to type all the fields in individually such as: cal -y | awk '{print $2,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trellot
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying Return Codes

This is a high-level explanation, if more details are needed, please do not hesitate to ask. I have a set of .ctl files which I want to execute: AV1.ctl AV2.ctl AV3.ctl I have a script which has a for loop in it: for filename in AV1 AV2 AV3 do . execute_another_script.sh done ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hern14
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 's

Hi All, Can anyone please let me know the syntax / how to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 'system()' function and '${?}'. I am in a process to send the mail automatically with an attachment to bulk users. I have used 'Mailx' and 'Unencode'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the return code of subroutines executed as standalone as command line in Perl ?

How to do I get the return code of a subroutine in a perl module if invoke the subroutine as standalone, I have an module say TestExit.pm and in that i have a subroutine say myTest() which is returns 12, if i were to call the subroutine from command line like CASE:1 ( Without an explict... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ennstate
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can grep command return word instead of complete line

Hi Is there any way GREP command can return word and not complete line. My file has following data: Hello Everyone I am NitinrajSrivastava Hi Friends Welcome VrajSrivastava I am using grep 'raj' which is returning me complete line.However I want only the word having keyword 'raj'. Required... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why sed command deletes last line in a file if no carriage return?

Hi I am using sed command to make SCORE=somevalue to SCORE=blank in a file. Please see the attached lastline.txt file. After executing the below command on the file, it removes the last line. cat lastline.txt | sed 's/SCORE=.*$/SCORE=/g' > newfile.txt Why does sed command remove the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Command to add Carriage Return and Line Feed

Hello, Can someone please share a Simple AWK command to append Carriage Return & Line Feed to the end of the file, If the Carriage Return & Line Feed does not exist ! Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosebud123
16 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)