Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Naming output files based on variable parameters and input filenames Post 302931357 by bdeads on Monday 12th of January 2015 04:16:32 PM
Old 01-12-2015
Thanks, Sea.

I should have been more explicit about why I used

Code:
model=1

in the <options> for the process I run, I point to several different models for processing, like so:

Code:
process --out=$output."tab" /path/to/input/models/$1.hmm $file;

so that when I have

--out=$model."tab" I get part of the filename I want for my output (namely, the model I used) but not the name of the input file that was processed, and each new file that is processed over-writes the previous.

when I try something like

Code:
--out=$model$output."tab"

or
Code:
--out=$model_$output."tab"

or
Code:
--out=$model_$file."tab"

the process/program errors. The solution you suggested also causes an error message from the program, "no such option --tblfp", which makes no sense to me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on some condition and naming them

I have a file given below. I want to split the file where ever I came across ***(instead you can put ### symbols in the file) . Also I need to name the file by extracting the report name from the first line which is in bold(eg:RPT507A) concatinated with DD(day on which the file runs). Can someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivsn
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create diffrent files based on other file and parameters list

I would like ot create shell script/ bash to create diffrent files based on a file and parameters list. Here is the detail example: I have a textfile and four static parameter files (having ‘?'). mainfile.txt has below records (this count may be more than 50) A200001 A200101 B200001... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav525
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic naming based on file content

I was just thinking if there is a way where i can dynamically rename files based on the actual file content. I have a load of pdf's which have been named wrongly. (We normally put date first, then brief description, then title) So can a script be written wherin, it pulls out the date and title... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaddevil
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar cmd how many arguments into parameters of filenames

Hi I would like to use tar cmd in my script. I have a variable with filenames, e.g. 1000 records and I would like to paste its values into tar cmd. For this example I used three elements variable strings. strings="file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt" `tar cf file1.tar $strings` Whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: presul
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex overlap and naming of 2 input files - Awk

for every specific $1,$2 check the values ($2,$3) of their E ot I of input1 and overlap with input2. Specify names based on output. ####### if middle value is missing name them "SE" if first value is missing name them "AFE" if last value is missing name them "ALE" if 2 middle values are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ruby_sgp
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file into multiple files based on the input pattern

I have a file with lines something like. ...... 123_start ...... ....... 123_end .... ..... 456_start ...... ..... 456_end .... ..... 789_start .... .... 789_end (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abinash
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Multiple input files and output files

Hi, I have many test*.ft1 files to which I want to read as input for a script called pipe2txt.tcl and print the output in each separate file. For example, pipe2txt.tcl < test001.ft1 > test001.txt How can I read many files in this maner? thank you very much, Best, Pahuja (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pahuja
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split files based on user input

Hi All, I have a UNIX script which reads "PxyType" (read PxyType) as input from user and a file (eg : "File.json") with the list all PxyType's. Based on the user input for "PxyType" in "File.json", I want to redirect each matched line to a different file ("File1,2,3,..json"). Can you... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deena1984
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge input from two files into one based on conditions

Using Linux (bash), I have two files which contain information about berries. Example: file1.txt: Blueberry blue 14 Raspberry red 12 Blackberry dark 4 file2.txt Blackberry sour 4 3 Blueberry tasty 12 78 Strawberry yummy 33 88 I want to merge these two files into one. The desired... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zooma
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing variable as input & storing output in other variable

I have a below syntax its working fine... var12=$(ps -ef | grep apache | awk '{print $2,$4}') Im getting expected output as below: printf "%b\n" "${VAR12}" dell 123 dell 456 dell 457 Now I wrote a while loop.. the output of VAR12 should be passed as input parameters to while loop and results... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
5 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX