Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 'awk' help for script to clean out wireless. Post 302931126 by Don Cragun on Saturday 10th of January 2015 09:03:56 PM
Old 01-10-2015
The awk script isn't your problem and isn't helping in your script. The for is seeing words to process; not lines. Try this instead:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# Removes ALL known wireless on that machine
network setup -listpreferredwirelessnetworks en1 | while read wireless
do      echo Deleting "$wireless"
        /usr/sbin/networksetup -removepreferredwirelessnetwork en1 "$wireless"
done
/usr/sbin/networksetup -addpreferredwirelessnetworkatindex en1 "This is a test" 0 WPA2 123456789
exit 0

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing script to clean up a directory

I have to do a directory clean up on several machines. The task is as follows: go to a particular directory (cd /xxx) 1. create a directory ' SCRIPTCLEANUP ' ( i KNOW IT) loop through 2. List the directory 3. if directory and start with 'DQA' leave it, 4. if directory or file move it to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

clean up script

I have a script which would monitor a given directory and delete any files which are older than 10 days. I was going to set the 10 crob jobs to perform this operation for 10 different directories (some are actually sub-directories), but my boss doesn't like that idea, so I need to do that in one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Startup script to clean out trash can

I need to know how I would be able to clean out the trash can of a single "dumb" user every time the MAC is turned on. Back ground. OS 10.3x G3 Mac Two users configured... 1) Root or Admin (superuser) 2) student (Simple no access to anything but shared folder for files etc.) The problem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to clean this script?

Hello guys, this script partially works but it's still pretty ugly and, moreover, if the month is jan/feb/mar... it doesn't work at all. Could anyone say me how to correct, cut and clean a little bit? #!/usr/bin/ksh egrep -v -e "^\s*#" /file/permission | awk '{ print $1 }' | sort | uniq... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

noob question - is awk the tool to clean dirty text files?

Hi, nevermind. I think I've found the answer. It appears I was looking for index, match, sub, and gsub. I want to write a shell script that will clean the html out of a bunch of files and format the data for import into excel. Awk seems like a powerful tool, but it seems oriented to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yogert909
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to FTP,clean up and email

Hi i need a unix script to do the following tasks. My folder structure is /home/MSTR/test and will have the following folder within it Cache Lookup Source Target 1. On the Source & Target folder i have to take a copy of files older than 5 days and move(FTP) it into local machines C:\Backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a shell script to clean data

Hi, Appreciated if anyone can throw some hint I have a file format like this: old(1): PRCNCP 1 old(2): PRSKU ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clean up UNIX mail box using script

Hi, I would like to clean up by unix mail mail box thru some script command.. I do know how to delete from mail box ... e.g. $ mail ? d* ? quit But I need to clean up thru some command which I can use in my script before sending any email.. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Script to clean files

Hello All, I need a script that would delete files which are more than "X" number of days old, also if there can be a log file of the deleted files for reference. I am from windows background hence finding it difficult. Any help is much appreciated Regards Wert (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wert468
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to clean up input file, printing both fields

In the f1 file below I am trying to clean it up removing lines the have _tn_ in them. Next, removing the characters in $2 before the ninth /. Then I remove the ID_(digit- always 4). Finally, the charcters after and including the first _. It is curently doing most of it but the cut is removing $1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
WIRELESS(7)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       WIRELESS(7)

NAME
wireless - Wireless Tools and Wireless Extensions SYNOPSIS
iwconfig iwpriv -a DESCRIPTION
The Wireless Extensions is an API allowing you manipulate Wireless LAN networking interfaces. It is composed of a variety of tools and configuration files. It is documented in more detail in the Linux Wireless LAN Howto. The Wireless Tools are used to change the configuration of wireless LAN networking interfaces on the fly, to get their current configura- tion, to get statistics and diagnose them. They are described in their own man page, see below for references. Wireless configuration is specific to each Linux distribution. This man page will contain in the future the configuration procedure for a few common distributions. For the time being, check the file DISTRIBUTIONS.txt included with the Wireless Tools package. DEBIAN 3.0 In Debian 3.0 (and later) you can configure wireless LAN networking devices using the network configuration tool ifupdown(8). File : /etc/network/interfaces Form : wireless-<function> <value> wireless-essid Home wireless-mode Ad-Hoc See also : /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wireless-tools /usr/share/doc/wireless-tools/README.Debian SuSE 8.0 SuSE 8.0 (and later) has integrated wireless configuration in their network scripts. Tool : Yast2 File : /etc/sysconfig/network/wireless /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-* Form : WIRELESS_<function>=<value> WIRELESS_ESSID="Home" WIRELESS_MODE=Ad-Hoc See also : man ifup info scpm ORIGINAL PCMCIA SCRIPTS
If you are using the original configuration scripts from the Pcmcia package, you can use this method. File : /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts Form : *,*,*,*) ESSID="Home" MODE="Ad-Hoc" ;; See also : /etc/pcmcia/wireless File PCMCIA.txt part of Wireless Tools package AUTHOR
Jean Tourrilhes - jt@hpl.hp.com http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/ SEE ALSO
iwconfig(8), iwlist(8), iwspy(8), iwpriv(8), iwevent(8). wireless-tools 4 March 2004 WIRELESS(7)