Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to avoid running duplicated task? Post 302930827 by ken6503 on Wednesday 7th of January 2015 02:35:07 PM
Old 01-07-2015
How to avoid running duplicated task?

Hi Gurus,

I have requirement to run different task based on input value. the sample file as below:
file1 (contains code need to be run)
Code:

code
aaa1
aaa2
bbb
ccc
ddd

file2 (contains all codes and job name)
Code:

code job1  job2
aaa1, job_aa1, job_a2
aaa2, job_aa2, job_a2
aaa3, job_aa3, job_a2
bbb, job_bb1, job_b2
ccc, job_cc1, job_c2

the code I wrote as below:
Code:

#!/bin/ksh
IFS=','
egrep -f file1 file2 > runautojob.txt
        while read feed job1 job2
        do
        if [ $1 = 'job1_cnd' ]; then
        echo "here will be autosys command to start autosys job, job name is " $job1
        elif
          [ $1 = 'job2_cnd' ]; then
        echo "here will be autosys command to start autosys job, job name is " $job2
        elif [ $1 = 'job3_cnd' ]; then
        echo "here will be autosys command to start autosys job, job name is " $job3
        fi
        done<runautojob.txt

My problem is for same prefix (example aaa), I only need to run job2 once.
for example
file1 has code as below:
aaa1
aaa2
I can only run job_a2 once, but my current script runs twice.

I changed file2 as below
Code:

code job1  job2
aaa1, job_aa1, job_a2
aaa2, job_aa2, 
aaa3, job_aa3, 
bbb, job_bb1, job_b2
ccc, job_cc1, job_c2

but if the file1 like below, it failed again.
Code:

aaa2
aaa3

anybody can give me some idea to resolve this issue?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by ken6503; 01-07-2015 at 05:32 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing and relaunching a task every 15 minutes while a script is running

Hi there, I would like to write a script which while running will kill and then execute again a task every 15 minutes. Here's what I want to do: Al Jazeera English have a low quality, time-limited 15 minute trial stream up at their site. I.e. when I click on the 56K link, it will play in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX commands remotely in Windows box from Unix box – avoid entering password

I am able to run the UNIX commands in a Windows box from a UNIX box through "SSH" functionality. But whenever the SSH connection is established between UNIX and Windows, password for windows box is being asked. Is there a way to avoid asking password whenever the SSH connection is made? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.kalpana
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can root ID be duplicated

Hi, I have the root id and the uid is always 0 for the root. Can i create another user say admin with the uid as 0? If so will it have the same privilege as that of user. Will there be any effect while doing this? lorcan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorcan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid script running multiple times by filelock

Sometimes we need a single instance of a script to run at a time. Meaning, the script itself should detects whether any instances of himself are still running and act accordingly. When multiple instances of one script running, it’s easy to cause problems. I’ve ever seen that about 350 instances... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edenCC
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with remove duplicated content

Input file: hcmv-US25-2-3p hsa-3160-5 hcmv-US33 hsa-47 hcmv-UL70-3p hsa-4508 hcmv-UL70-3p hsa-4486 hcms-US25 hsa-360-5 hcms-US25 hsa-4 hcms-US25 hsa-458 hcms-US25 hsa-44812 . . Desired Output file: hcmv-US25-2-3p hsa-3160-5 hcmv-US33 hsa-47 hcmv-UL70-3p hsa-4508 hsa-4486... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Duplicated UID

Hi folks! I need you help to discover what's the impact of a duplicated UID in an operating system. What's the meaning when someone put in different users the same UID? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phcostabh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running the calling script/task as per day

Hello all.. i have few task to do on specific day ar per weekday or weekend... for example i have 3 tasks: task1 task2 task3 Now i need to create a shell script If it is weekday it will change the status of these tasks as below sendevent -E CHANGE_STATUS -s SUCCESS -J task1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid running unnecessary repetitive ps command

i have the following code: APIDS=$(echo $(ps -ef | awk -v gpid="${gpid}" '$2 == gpid || $3 == gpid {print $2,$3}') | sed 's~ ~|~g') AllProcs=$(ps -ef | awk -v allpids="${APIDS}" '$2 ~ allpids || $3 ~ allpids {print $0}' | sed '/^$/d') it seems the above... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
stopped(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						stopped(7)

NAME
stopped - event signalling that a job has stopped SYNOPSIS
stopped JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE RESULT=RESULT [PROCESS=PROCESS] [EXIT_STATUS=STATUS] [EXIT_SIGNAL=SIGNAL] [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The stopped event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job has stopped. The JOB environment variable contains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for single-instance jobs. If the job was stopped normally, the RESULT environment variable will be ok, otherwise if the job was stopped because it has failed it will be failed. When the job has failed, the process that failed will be given in the PROCESS environment variable. This may be pre-start, post-start, main, pre-stop or post-stop; it may also be the special value respawn to indicate that the job was stopped because it hit the respawn limit. Finally in the case of a failed job, one of either EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL may be given to indicate the cause of the stop. Either EXIT_STATUS will contain the exit status code of the process, or EXIT_SIGNAL will contain the name of the signal that the process received. The normal exit job configuration stanza can be used to prevent particular exit status values or signals resulting in a failed job, see init(5) for more information. If neither EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL is given for a failed process, it is because the process failed to spawn (for example, file not found). See the system logs for the error. init(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. It is typically combined with the starting(7) event by services when inserting themselves as a dependency. Job configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the stopped event. See init(5) for more details. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running whenever another service would be running, started before and stopped after it, might use: start on starting apache stop on stopped apache A task that must be run after another task or service has been stopped might use: start on stopped postgresql SEE ALSO
starting(7) started(7) stopping(7) init(5) Upstart 2009-07-09 stopped(7)