Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL - Print statement handdling Post 302930611 by sdosanjh on Tuesday 6th of January 2015 12:20:17 AM
Old 01-06-2015
PERL - Print statement handdling

Legends,
I am new to PERL.
I am not able to format the output in my way.
Please help.

Code:
print "\nRecord count for $fulldate is $reccount\n";

Output coming as:

Code:
Record count for 20150106
 is 0

While I want it in single line

Code:
Record count for 20150106 is 0

Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl if statement

Hello guys, I was wondering why my code doesn't read a variable when using if statement as follows: $userlist='users.txt'; $user='b999'; open (ACTULOG, ">>$userlist"); print ACTULOG "$user\n"; close (ACTULOG) this will work and prints... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print to 2 files in awk if statement

Hi all, I have some code like this awk -F, '{ if ($1==3) print $2 > "output_file" print "1" > "new_file" }' "input_file" When I check output_file this has the correct values in it. However the new_file has 1 in it for every line in the input_file. If the input file has 20 lins then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect output of print statement to file

:confused: I have a ksh script which gathers data from a file. I need to find a way to direct the output to a new file. The code looks something like this: DUP_FILE=`touch /export/.../.../dup_social_$1` while (($# > 0 )) do # Make sure the file exists if ] then print "$1: does not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muga801
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :How to print the o/p of a Perl script on console and redirecting same in log file @ same time.

How can i print the output of a perl script on a unix console and redirect the same in a log file under same directory simultaneously ? Like in Shell script, we use tee, is there anything in Perl or any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Perl If statement

Hi All, I am writing a perl script where I take 2 variables from the user as STDIN to scan the lines of a file to produce as output. How can I do an IF loop to test this for example in the mock file 12 10 35 20 37 5 45 12if I take user input as 40 and 10, how can I get the output lines in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sysdate inside awk print statement

Hi, I am using awk statement to extract data from a file and write a new file with certain columns rearranged and few hard coded values added to new file. Now i need to add a column with sysdate. can i do that inside the awk print statement? Now: nawk ' /^3/ BEGIN {FS=","}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

use awk print statement for two files

Hello, is there a way to use the awk print statement on two files at once? I would like to take two columns from one file, and one column from another file and print them as consecutive columns to a third file. Seems simple...as in: file 1 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d 5 e file 2 1 t 2 u... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HugoHuhn
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding perl statement

can someone help me how to interpret this line? my ($class, $hashref) = @_; my $portfolio = {}; if ($hashref->{portfolio_id}) { ($portfolio) = GEmySQL->get ("select * from portfolio where portfolio.id=$hashref->{portfolio_id}"); } =============== Question: how do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlinelearner02
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explanation of print statement - awk

Hi, i'm just after a simple explanation of how the following awk oneliner works. gawk -F"," '{for(i=m;i<=n;i++)printf "%s" OFS,$i; print x}' m=1 n=70 OFS=, input.csv > output.csv In particular i'm trying to understand how the two print statements work? How is the "x" variable being assigned... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theflamingmoe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print statement in shell script

Hi All, when I executed the query in normal unix mode, the output is expected. if I executed the query using shell script, I am not getting the result. not sure whether I need to use dbms_output.put_line or echo. dbms_output.put_line("COUNTRY_CODE"||" "||"SUB_TYPE"||" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)