Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Increase maxuproc value
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Increase maxuproc value Post 302930472 by Phuti on Sunday 4th of January 2015 04:55:37 PM
Old 01-04-2015
Increase maxuproc value

Hi Guys,

I am running RHEL6 and now my processes reach maximum limit.

How do I increase the maxuproc value?

Can I increase the value without rebooting the server?

Thanks in advance...

Please Help!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

increase size

Hi All, one of the mount point in Hp ux server has reached 95% its a data base file and can not be deleted. so i want to know how to increase the size of mount point i am new to unix ,please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoti
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File increase

Sorry im really new here this is my second post today! My question is, im trying to write a script and i want to output to a text file but i want each text file to be different so for instance log.txt, log1.txt, log2.txt ect how would i do that? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
7 Replies

3. Solaris

how to increase fs

hi, i installed solaris 9 on my v240 server on 36gb disk. here are the ouputs of the df -h command: # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 9.6G 3.4G 6.1G 36% / /proc 0K 0K 0K 0% /proc mnttab ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xuc_xich_duc
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

increase fs /var

Question I am not a hp admin but aix admin. I am wondering if to increase the fs /var we really have to umount the fs so means stop the system ... just to do an extendlv ? It is what I saw on man page of extendlv and that surprise me. On aix we can dynamically increase a fs and with version... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
2 Replies

5. Programming

how to increase number like this

hi all i got a assignment but this is part of it only.. i need the logic that all.. below is the kind of output that i want to get. 1 12 123 1234 12345 2345 345 45 5 i noe i need to use for loop cos currently i am doing a short cut way which is (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
1 Replies

6. AIX

How can I increase a PV?

Hi, I have a 10GB iSCSI LUN attached to an AIX 5.3 system. I increased the LUN to 15GB, but the system is still showing 10GB as the Total Size. How can I get the OS to see the extra space? Do I have to reboot the system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase size to sd[b-c]

hi guys I am working on my vmware workstation. I have a /dev/sdb which is 5GB. I am using LVM. Now I increase /dev/sdb 2 more GB. fdisk -l shows 7 GB but pvscan still shows 5GB. how do I make my system recognize the new 7GB added and be able to add those to my physical volumen and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kopper
1 Replies

8. AIX

Maxuproc vs ulimit -u [processes(per user)]

Morning, Somebody can tell me in AIX 6.1 what is the different between the maxuproc (lsattr -El sys0 | grep max) and the for a user. Example: Oracle is limited by : #ulimit -u processes(per user) unlimited But lsattr -El sys0| grep maxuproc show me : maxuproc 16384 So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bacup540
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maxuproc and limit

// AIX 6.1 & Power 7 server I have maxuproc set to 16384. lsattr -El sys0 -a maxuproc maxuproc 16384 Maximum number of PROCESSES allowed per user True What is the maximum number of maxuproc we can go for? If I increase maxuproc to the higher number, what would be ramifications? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

10. AIX

Maxuproc parameter and number of processes

Hi there, I am having a problem on an AIX server running a WebSphere MQ instance. The problem is that sometimes it seems to reach process limit, but I do not find the processes themselves. What I see: succeed to log in (as root from console os as nonpriviliged user via ssh). Trying to run... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: trifo75
19 Replies
nfs4_max_transfer_size_cots(5)					File Formats Manual				    nfs4_max_transfer_size_cots(5)

NAME
nfs4_max_transfer_size_cots - controls the data portion size of a NFS version 4 read, write, readdir, or readdirplus request over TCP VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values A warning will be issued at runtime if the tunable is set to a value greater than 1048576 since this is outside the tested limits. This is not a serious warning but just an information message for the administrator. DESCRIPTION
controls the maximum size of the data portion of a NFS version 4 read, write, readdir, or readdirplus request over TCP. This parameter con- trols both the maximum size of a request that the server returns as well as the maximum size of a request that the client generates. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Distributed file system administrators should examine this value if they want to decrease or increase the default size of a NFS version 4 packet over TCP. Restrictions on Changing The tunable is dynamic; however, the transfer size for a file system is set when the file system is mounted. To affect a particular file system, unmount and mount the file system after changing this parameter. The actual NFS version 4 transfer size over TCP is controlled by these tunable parameters: and The actual transfer size will depend on the tune with the smallest value. For NFS TCP traffic you should increase and to the same value to increase the transfer size. To decrease the transfer size, just changing is sufficient. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? An increase in the transfer size will result in fewer requests to the NFS server at the expense of system resources on both the NFS client and NFS server. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? Setting the limit large causes more system resources to be consumed by both the NFS client and NFS server. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? In the event of NFS communication failures, the value should be changed back to the default value. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? An increase in NFS version 4 network traffic over TCP caused by an increase in the number of I/O requests. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
kctune(1M), sam(1M), gettune(2), settune(2), nfs4_bsize(5), nfs4_max_transfer_size(5), values(5). Tunable Kernel Parameters nfs4_max_transfer_size_cots(5)