Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware ZOTAC NANO AD12...now a paperweight (power prob.) Post 302930354 by DGPickett on Friday 2nd of January 2015 02:19:47 PM
Old 01-02-2015
The conversion of 19vdc down to desired lower and sometimes negative voltages is generaly done on a motherboard using power transistors, diode rectifiers, coils and capacitors. Could be one of the transistors blew, or a cap shorted.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nano-2.0.6 HELP!!!!

Hi all, I have this problem. I am running suse linux 10.0 Enterprise. I was able to install nano-2.0.6 and as root I am able to use it. This is where my problem starts. When I exit root and try to use nano, I get this error message. nano: Command not found. but when I type... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goku3g
3 Replies

2. Linux

microwindow and nano-X

Dear all I have problem in installing microwindows. What I did 1.I have microwindows-0.90 in home/SHIVA 2.cd microwindows-0.90/src 3.cp configs config 4.make clean; make 5. make 6.now it is giving error :- winevent.c:18: error: static declaration of ‘abs' follows non-static declaration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mishra_sk_in
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Nano installation for ON HP UX

How to isntall nano on HP UX? Thanks:eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldaliosmane
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ZOTAC IONITX-A-U Atom 330 1.6GHz Dual-Core 441 NVI

Has anyone installed on the ZOTAC IONITX-A-U Atom 330 1.6GHz Dual-Core 441 NVIDIA ION Mini ITX platform? If so, what if any, were the challneges that you had? What went smoothly I want to get this board because it looks like a stellar system and perfect for Linux. I'm quite curious about... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarfraz
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using nano x to design GUI

Hi, I am working on a project to develop an embedded device that can transfer files between two usb devices ( pen drives). We are using an NUC950A ARM9 microcontroller and we've put the Linux 2.1 kernel on the development board and it works. Can i use nano -x to design my own GUI so that i can run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dilumcc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Create files using Nano?

I need to switch files in a directory using Nano thinking i have all the files in the same directory? how would i go about doing that ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuankyKong
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with these scripts in nano...

So I am trying to write 3 different scripts using nano. Having some trouble with each. The first one is prompting for the person's information, and I would like to store that information in a new text file. I have most of it complete. The only problem I have here is that I do not know the code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tburns517
2 Replies
HY(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     HY(4)

NAME
hy - Network Systems Hyperchannel interface SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NHY hy_controllers # Hyperchannel DESCRIPTION
The hy interface provides access to a Network Systems Corporation Hyperchannel Adapter. The network to which the interface is attached is specified at boot time with an SIOCSIFADDR ioctl. The host's address is discovered by reading the adapter status register. The interface will not transmit or receive packets until the network number is known. DIAGNOSTICS
hy%d: unit number 0x%x port %d type %x microcode level 0x%x. Identifies the device during autoconfiguration. hy%d: can't handle af%d. The interface was handed a message with addresses formatted in an unsuitable address family; the packet was dropped. hy%d: can't initialize. The interface was unable to allocate UNIBUS resources. This is usually due to having too many network devices on an 11/750 where there are only 3 buffered data paths. hy%d: NEX - Non Existent Memory. Non existent memory error returned from hardware. hy%d: BAR overflow. Bus address register overflow error returned from hardware. hy%d: Power Off bit set, trying to reset. Adapter has lost power, driver will reset the bit and see if power is still out in the adapter. hy%d: Power Off Error, network shutdown. Power was really off in the adapter, network connections are dropped. Software does not shut down the network unless power has been off for a while. hy%d: RECVD MP > MPSIZE (%d). A message proper was received that is too big. Probable a driver bug. Shouldn't happen. hy%d: xmit error - len > hy_olen [%d > %d]. Probable driver error. Shouldn't happen. hy%d: DRIVER BUG - INVALID STATE %d. The driver state machine reached a non-existent state. Definite driver bug. hy%d: watchdog timer expired. A command in the adapter has taken too long to complete. Driver will abort and retry the command. hy%d: adapter power restored. Software was able to reset the power off bit, indicating that the power has been restored. SEE ALSO
intro(4N), inet(4F) BUGS
If the adapter does not respond to the status command issued during autoconfigure, the adapter is assumed down. A reboot is required to recognize it. The adapter power fail interrupt seems to occur sporadically when power has, in fact, not failed. The driver will believe that power has failed only if it can not reset the power fail latch after a ``reasonable'' time interval. These seem to appear about 2-4 times a day on some machines. There seems to be no correlation with adapter rev level, number of ports used etc. and whether a machine will get these ``bogus powerfails''. They don't seem to cause any real problems so they have been ignored. 3rd Berkeley Distribution August 20, 1987 HY(4)