Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nested sed commands
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Nested sed commands Post 302930339 by Nic2015 on Friday 2nd of January 2015 11:55:21 AM
Old 01-02-2015
No index 3 is what i have to found and this value can change next time if i call this statement again. gphoto returns the current setting of the ISO on the digital camera and this can changing. So next time it could be the index 1, then 10 etc...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed commands

I have a configuration file that when a certain script runs in updates. I want to use sed and can't seem to get the syntax right. A line from the configuration file looks like: DATE=20040909 12:00:10 When the script is run I want to change the date and time, i.e. removing the previous... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbrundrett
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple sed commands

hello! I have a few sed commands sed '/^$/d' < $1 > tmp.t sed '/^ \{3,\}/d' < tmp.t > tmp1.txt ..... how can I write them in a single line? sed '/^$/d' < $1 > | '/^ \{3,\}/d' < $1 > tmp1.txt any idea? thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: george_
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

combining sed commands

I would like to change the lines: originalline1 originalline2 to: originalline1new originalline1newline originalline2new originalline2newline To do this, id like to combine the commands: sed 's/^/&new/g' file > newfile1 and sed '/^/ a\\ newline\\ \\ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dave724001
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running sed commands

Hello I need to run some sed commands but it involves "/" in the substitute or delete, any ideas how I get round the problem. Example: cat file1.txt | sed -e '/</Header>/d' > file2.txt This errors due to the forward slash before the Header text. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dolph
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging sed commands

Hi, I've a shell that uses two sed commands to tailor a file. sed 's/ */ /g' | sed 's/%/%%/g' Is it possible to merge this in to a single sed? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bourne-sh (not bash) question about nested loops and sed

Here's the input: alpha, numeric or alphanumeric string ("line 1 string") numeric string ("line 2 string") numeric string ("line 3 string") numeric string ("line 4 string") ... where - each numeric string is in a pattern that can be matched with RE but - there can be any number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help - nested pattern

Hello, I am very new to Unix and using sed so I'm struggling a little bit with this command and was hoping someone could help me out. I want to find a nested pattern in a file and replace some text in that file with text from another file. For example, in file one I have something like... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: planetary12
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping sed commands

Hello, would you please help me with why my SED command file is outputting the entire input file instead of only the text that I'm trying to block? cat testfile O 111111111-00 DUE-DATE METHOD: FREQUENCY: O 222222222-00 DUE-DATE METHOD: FREQUENCY: O 333333333-02 DUE-DATE METHOD:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lneedh1
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex bash/sed, variables and nested quotes

Ok, this one isn't for everybody, it's pretty tough and I've spent a good deal of time on it without figuring it out yet. Can anybody get this script to work: #!/bin/bash cq_fname="%let outputfile="/user/cq_"$1".csv";" sed "29s/.*/\"$cq_fname\"/" file1.sas >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nocloud
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Sed, matching nested brackets and deleting

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have to write a script using sed, which delete everything between curly brackets and the brackets themself. The brackets might be nested. The input-file is: aaa { bbb ccc { ddd eee } fff { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FuzzyGnome
2 Replies
CLOCK(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     CLOCK(1)

NAME
clock - display the time in an icon or window SYNOPSIS
clock AVAILABILITY
This command is available with the OpenWindows environment. For information about installing OpenWindows, refer to the OpenWindows Instal- lation and Start-Up Guide. DESCRIPTION
clock is an OpenWindows XView utility that displays the current time in a window or icon. When the window is open, clock can display the time in either analog or digital format. The clock window is scalable in either format. USAGE
When the clock window is open, it has a floating menu from which you can bring up a property window. From this property sheet, you can modify the display of the tool by selecting either the Analog or Digital choice box. Seconds: On the analog version, this selection starts a second hand on the face of the clock. On the digital version, it adds two dig- its to the digital readout. Date: Turns on a date display for both analog and digital versions of clock. BUGS
If you reset the system time, clock will not reflect the new time until you change its window state from open to icon, or vice versa. To reset the system time, see date (1V). The date display does not go well with the round clock face. Occasionally, when clock is uncovered, the face will be visually corrupted. Use the Refresh button from the frame menu to repair. 11 June 1990 CLOCK(1)