Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing tab value in xml file Post 302930006 by RudiC on Monday 29th of December 2014 01:09:06 PM
Old 12-29-2014
Not clear.

Try the g flag following the s command: s/.../.../g.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing string in an XML file

Hi all, I need to replace string in XML file..XML file like <dependency> <groupId>fr.orange.portail.ear</groupId> <artifactId>_AdminServicesEAR</artifactId> <version>1.0.0-20080521.085352-1</version> <type>ear</type> </dependency> <dependency> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing Comma by Tab

Hi All, i have a file test.txt as shown below, 1,test,test111 2,rest,rest222 i want to replace the commas by tab delimiter.., it should be like, 1 test test111 2 rest rest222 i tried the following code, sed 's/,/\\t/g' test.txt >> ouptut.txt (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serious Sam
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read and copy xml line by line and preserve tab?

I'm trying to read an xml file and copy it line by line to another file and want to preserve the tabs. What i'm trying to do is if I get to a certain line in the xml, I'm going to check to see if the next line is specifically what I want. If it's not, then I want to insert a single line of text... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the last record in xml with different tags

I have special requirement, my system provided the xml file as below(available xml file) and I need to convert it as below desired xml file. is it possible thru shell scripts or awk? What I need is : my available xml contains number of records with tags <RevenueAmounts>, the last of record is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing number between xml tags with ksh shell script

Hallo, im basically a complete noob on shell scripting and im trying to replace or rather add 1 to a number between xml tags. The xml basically has a tag somewhere that looks like this: <tag>12345678901234</tag> Now i want to replace the number between the tags. And i want the file to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demoric
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing part of XML code inside comment tags

Hello! I'd like to modify custom values in a XML config file between comment tags using bash script. <feature> <keyboardshortcut>C-m</keyboardshortcut> <option1>disabled</option2> <option2>enabled</option2> </feature> <!-- bash script features START --> <feature> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prism1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading XML and replacing a string

Hi All, My thanks in advance for you guys reading this and for any posts. I'm having 100 XML files, I need script which replace a specific string. It must be incrementing in 100 xml files.. Sample XML files: <hwIPHostName type="attrib">DEMO1</hwIPHostName> I need Demo1 to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karty2129
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a file in between a XML file

I am having XML file,i need to replace a range of string and replace with a file,Pls anyone help, My Xml file looks like </Order><PersonInfoShipTo AddressID="446311709" AddressLine1="" AddressLine2="" AddressLine3="" AddressLine4="" AddressLine5="" AddressLine6="" AlternateEmailID="" Beeper=""... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a value in all xml's

Hi Folks, Could you please advise what will be the unix command to replace the character in all xml's under a particular directory for example let say I rite now at the following below location $ cd /opt/apr/rt/conf now under conf there are so many xml's and in those xml's i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert tab separated text to non-trivial xml. (pwsafe --> KeePassx)

I'd like to take the output of `pwsafe --exportdb > database.txt` and convert it to a KeePassX XML friendly format (feature request in pwsafe). I found flat file converter but the syntax is beyond me with this example. Solutions are welcomed. More details Here is the pwsafe --> KeePassX XML... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
2 Replies
clear(3XCURSES) 					  X/Open Curses Library Functions					   clear(3XCURSES)

NAME
clear, erase, wclear, werase - clear a window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int clear(void); int erase(void); int wclear(WINDOW *win); int werase(WINDOW *win); DESCRIPTION
The clear() and erase() functions clear stdscr, destroying its previous contents. The wclear() and werase() functions perform the same action, but clear the window specified by win instead of stdscr. The clear() and wclear() functions also call the clearok() function. This function clears and redraws the entire screen on the next call to refresh(3XCURSES) or wrefresh(3XCURSES) for the window. The current background character (and attributes) is used to clear the screen. PARAMETERS
win Is a pointer to the window that is to be cleared. ERRORS
OK Successful completion. ERR An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bkgdset(3XCURSES), clearok(3XCURSES), clrtobot(3XCURSES), clrtoeol(3XCURSES), doupdate(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), refresh(3XCURSES), wrefresh(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 clear(3XCURSES)