Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please identify "unexpected end of file" bug Post 302929893 by wisecracker on Sunday 28th of December 2014 04:51:45 PM
Old 12-28-2014
Here maybe:-

Maybe should read:-

EDIT:
Also here:-
/usr/bin/plutil -convert xml1 -o - ~/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist.........

Maybe this:-
/usr/bin/plutil -convert xml1 -o ~/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist..........

man plutil...

Last edited by wisecracker; 12-28-2014 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: See above...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"unexpected end of file" when Iīm use EOF inside block if

I have a trouble in my script when i use EOF inside block if. If i use EOF whitout block if I donīt have problem. Guys any ideas? Sorry for my terrible English. #!/bin/sh set -xv HOST='ftp.fiction.com.br' USER='fictionuser' PASS='fictionpass' FILE='ftpteste.txt' busca=`find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricardo.ludwig
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"unexpected end of file"

%%%%% (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Unexpected end of file" on a very simple script!!!

Well, this is a very crazy issue, and I'm scratching my head to find a solution. This is a simple code to tranfer a file, in my main script I need to add a conditional statement (IF/THEN) like the below example: #!/bin/bash if ; then ftp -inv "192.168.1.10" << EOFTP user... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with error "syntax error: unexpected end of file"

Hi Techies, can anyone please debug the following Script and let me know what is going wrong here. im getting the following error #!/usr/bin/bash # ############################################################################################## # # Variables # #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP Script which is causing "syntax error: unexpected end of file" Error

Hi All, Please hav a look at the below peice of script and let me know if there are any syntax errors. i found that the below peice of Script is causing issue. when i use SFTP its working fine, but there is a demand to use FTP only. please find below code and explain if anything is wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error"syntax error at line 15: `end of file' unexpected"

While i m running below code, it is giving me the error"syntax error at line 15: `end of file' unexpected". Pls let me know what is wrong here..i tried many ways, but no luck dbSID="SWQE" usrname="apps" password="Wrgthrk3" count=0 while do sqlplus $usrname/$password@$dbSID... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
5 Replies

8. BSD

Keep getting error "-bash: ./.profile_z2: line 52: syntax error: unexpected end of file"

#!/bin/bash #-------------------------------------------------------- # Setup prompt # Author Zeeshan Mirza # Data: 06-08-2017 #-------------------------------------------------------- if then . ./.profile_custom_pre fi umask 022 set -o vi export EDITOR=vi export VISUAL=vi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: getzeeshan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error: "Syntax error; unexpected end of file"

Hello all, I am running a script to generate a report and mail it to an email address. When I am trying to validate whether the file is a 0 kb file, I am getting the below error. Error: "Syntax error; unexpected end of file" Any suggestions please? Code: #!/bin/sh .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_Raj
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
PLUTIL(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 PLUTIL(1)

NAME
plutil -- property list utility SYNOPSIS
plutil [command_option] [other_options] file ... DESCRIPTION
plutil can be used to check the syntax of property list files, or convert a plist file from one format to another. Specifying - as an input file reads from stdin. The first argument indicates the operation to perform, one of: -help Show the usage information for the command and exit. -p Print the property list in a human-readable fashion. The output format is not stable and not designed for machine parsing. The purpose of this command is to be able to easily read the contents of a plist file, no matter what format it is in. -lint Check the named property list files for syntax errors. This is the default command option if none is specified. -convert fmt Convert the named file to the indicated format and write back to the file system. If the file can't be loaded due to invalid syntax, the operation fails. fmt is one of: xml1, for version 1 of the XML plist format binary1, for version 1 of the binary plist format json, for the JSON format There are a few additional options: -- Specifies that all further arguments are file names -s Don't print anything on success. -r For JSON, add whitespace and indentation to make the output more human-readable. -o path Specify an alternate path name for the result of the -convert operation; this option is only useful with a single file to be converted. Specifying - as the path outputs to stdout. -e extension Specify an alternate extension for converted files, and the output file names are otherwise the same. DIAGNOSTICS
The plutil command exits 0 on success, and 1 on failure. SEE ALSO
plist(5) STANDARDS
The plutil command obeys no one's rules but its own. HISTORY
The plutil command first appeared in Mac OS X 10.2. Mac OS X August 30, 2002 Mac OS X