Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [BASH] Floating point exception Post 302929824 by ongoto on Saturday 27th of December 2014 01:56:33 AM
Old 12-27-2014
Just a wild guess?
Maybe it's this test for a zero length file?
657 if [[ ! -z "$FILE" ]]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Floating point numeric comparisions in bash

Hi, I am trying to compare 2 floating point numbers 0.8 and 0.15 using bash and get the largest of the two. Can anyone advise. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borncrazy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: floating point exception

Hi, guys, today, I have copied a simple script which runs correctly on a computer to another one. But, the latter informs me: Floating point exception! @ ./command_module a b c where command_module is the module compiled by myself. So, I have fixed it by following steps: 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mapleleaves
5 Replies

3. Linux

Floating point exception !!!

Hi, I have linux fedora 4 ver., 2.6 kernal. And qmail & mysql & samba servers are already configured on this server. When I try to install any package like squidguard ,dansguardian,webmin,rsnapshots with command rpm -ivh . It is giving error as “Floating point exception" Snap View is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk01
3 Replies

4. Linux

Floating Point Exception

Hi, I am compiling "HelloWorld" C progam on 32-bit CentOS and i want to execute it on 64-bit CentOS architecture. For that i copied the a.out file from 32-bit to 64-bit machine, but while executing a.out file on 64bit machine I am getting "Floating point exception error". But we can run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandar123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

floating point not recognized by printf in bash

Dear all, I have the following question. Let's say that I have the following script #!/bin/bash value=0.4987865 a=` printf "%6.2f" $value ` b=`echo $value + $value | bc -l` echo $a echo $b exit And the exit is: 0,00 .9975730 Thus, the problem is that the printf order does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josegr
2 Replies

6. Programming

Floating Point

Anyone help me i cant found the error of floating point if needed, i added the code complete #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <ctype.h> typedef struct { int hh; int mm; int ss; char nom; int punt; }cancion; typedef struct... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slasho
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] Regex for floating point number

Hey again, I have a basic regex that tests if a number is a float. Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyte_rhyno
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Floating point math with bc

Hello Everyone, I am currently working on a script to calculate optimal tcp window size the formula that I am following is 2 x (bandwith speed /8 * Round Trip Time ) = x This is what I have so far #!/bin/bash echo "Enter connection speed" << Get the speed of the Connection from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmfmancini
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to print the smallest floating point number in a row that is not 0

Hello, I have often found bash to be difficult when it comes to floating point numbers. I have data with rows of tab delimited floating point numbers. I need to find the smallest number in each row that is not 0.0. Numbers can be negative and they do not come in any particular order for a given... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of floating point numbers in bash

I have the following code snippet in bash if ]; then minm=`echo "$diff" | bc` fi It works well for most of the cases. However lets say diff is -0.17 and minm is -0.0017. In such a case the comparison seems to fail. Is the correct way to compare a mixture of positive and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngabrani
12 Replies
TEST(1) 							   User Commands							   TEST(1)

NAME
test - check file types and compare values SYNOPSIS
test EXPRESSION test [ EXPRESSION ] [ ] [ OPTION DESCRIPTION
Exit with the status determined by EXPRESSION. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit An omitted EXPRESSION defaults to false. Otherwise, EXPRESSION is true or false and sets exit status. It is one of: ( EXPRESSION ) EXPRESSION is true ! EXPRESSION EXPRESSION is false EXPRESSION1 -a EXPRESSION2 both EXPRESSION1 and EXPRESSION2 are true EXPRESSION1 -o EXPRESSION2 either EXPRESSION1 or EXPRESSION2 is true -n STRING the length of STRING is nonzero STRING equivalent to -n STRING -z STRING the length of STRING is zero STRING1 = STRING2 the strings are equal STRING1 != STRING2 the strings are not equal INTEGER1 -eq INTEGER2 INTEGER1 is equal to INTEGER2 INTEGER1 -ge INTEGER2 INTEGER1 is greater than or equal to INTEGER2 INTEGER1 -gt INTEGER2 INTEGER1 is greater than INTEGER2 INTEGER1 -le INTEGER2 INTEGER1 is less than or equal to INTEGER2 INTEGER1 -lt INTEGER2 INTEGER1 is less than INTEGER2 INTEGER1 -ne INTEGER2 INTEGER1 is not equal to INTEGER2 FILE1 -ef FILE2 FILE1 and FILE2 have the same device and inode numbers FILE1 -nt FILE2 FILE1 is newer (modification date) than FILE2 FILE1 -ot FILE2 FILE1 is older than FILE2 -b FILE FILE exists and is block special -c FILE FILE exists and is character special -d FILE FILE exists and is a directory -e FILE FILE exists -f FILE FILE exists and is a regular file -g FILE FILE exists and is set-group-ID -G FILE FILE exists and is owned by the effective group ID -h FILE FILE exists and is a symbolic link (same as -L) -k FILE FILE exists and has its sticky bit set -L FILE FILE exists and is a symbolic link (same as -h) -O FILE FILE exists and is owned by the effective user ID -p FILE FILE exists and is a named pipe -r FILE FILE exists and read permission is granted -s FILE FILE exists and has a size greater than zero -S FILE FILE exists and is a socket -t FD file descriptor FD is opened on a terminal -u FILE FILE exists and its set-user-ID bit is set -w FILE FILE exists and write permission is granted -x FILE FILE exists and execute (or search) permission is granted Except for -h and -L, all FILE-related tests dereference symbolic links. Beware that parentheses need to be escaped (e.g., by backslashes) for shells. INTEGER may also be -l STRING, which evaluates to the length of STRING. NOTE: [ honors the --help and --version options, but test does not. test treats each of those as it treats any other nonempty STRING. NOTE: your shell may have its own version of test and/or [, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's documentation for details about the options it supports. GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report test translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> AUTHOR
Written by Kevin Braunsdorf and Matthew Bradburn. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for test is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and test programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'test invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.22 June 2014 TEST(1)