Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Strip some text and format with new delimited Post 302929680 by before4 on Wednesday 24th of December 2014 07:37:35 AM
Old 12-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavinderSingh13
Hello before4,

Following may help you in same.
Code:
awk -F"; " '{gsub(/....$/,X,$1);for(i=2;i<=NF;i++){gsub(/.* /,X,$i);gsub(/\;$/,Y,$i)}}1'  OFS=", " Input_file

Output will be as follows.
Code:
19:08:12, 74598, 1366, 227, 389, 572, 2228, 1039, 25
19:08:22, 75589, 1388, 233, 393, 582, 2253, 1055, 25
19:08:32, 76518, 1404, 238, 397, 592, 2270, 1069, 26
19:08:42, 77471, 1430, 239, 403, 602, 2312, 1083, 28

Thanks,
R. Singh
Working perfect .. Many thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I strip and add tabbed fields to a long text file?

I was wondering if there was a way to modify a tab delimited text file, up to 185,000 lines long by adding a repeated field to a block of 20 data , then repeat the process until the file is processed. The current file looks like: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint65
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to strip rows from a text file?

Can an expert kindly write an efficient Linux ksh script that will strip rows with no numbers from a text file? Supposing there are three rows that text file called text.txt : "field1","field2","field3",11,22,33,44 "field1","field2","field3",1,2,3,4 "field1","field2","field3",,,, The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ihot
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to convert delimited to CSV format

I have a file with the data as follows.. FILE 1|#START|Jan 22 15:03 FILE 1|#END|Jan 22 16:06 FILE 2|#START|Jan 22 5:15 FILE 2|#END|Jan 22 5:25 FILE 3|#START|Jan 22 07:03 FILE 3|#END|Jan 22 08:15 FILE 4|#START|Jan 22 16:09 FILE 4|#END|Jan 22 16:55 FILE 1|#START|Jan 22 18:15 FILE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikd214
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert this file into comma delimited format

Hi experts, I need urget help! I have the a text file with this format: Types of fruits Name of fruits 1,1 Farm_no,1 apple,1 pineapple,1 grapes,1 orange,1 banana,1 2,2--->this is the record seperator Farm_no,2 apple,1 pineapple,1 grapes,3 orange,2 banana,1 3,3--->this is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: natalie23
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert text to columns in tab delimited text file

Hello Gurus, I have a text file containing nearly 12,000 tab delimited characters with 4000 rows. If the file size is small, excel can convert the text into coloumns. However, the file that I have is very big. Can some body help me in solving this problem? The input file example, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert a text file into tab delimited format?

I have a text file that made using text editor in Ubuntu. However the text file is not being recognized as space or tab delimited, the formatting seems to be messed up. How can I convert the text file into tab delimited format? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append output in tab delimited format

hello.. i m scripting in Perl and having issue writing the output in specific format..i read two files and run some commands and write output to one file. i want this to be a 2d table, File one has 48 rows and file two has 48 rows, first i take one id from file one, and go to second file, loop... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to convert a pipe delimited text file to tab delimited

Hi, I have a rquirement in unix as below . I have a text file with me seperated by | symbol and i need to generate a excel file through unix commands/script so that each value will go to each column. ex: Input Text file: 1|A|apple 2|B|bottle excel file to be generated as output as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raja kakitapall
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the output of w command in pipe delimited format

Since output of w command have variable number of columns I want to get the output in pipe delimited format. I tried export OFS="|"; w but that does not work. Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)