Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Authentication via .htaccess and .htpasswd Post 302929635 by Corona688 on Tuesday 23rd of December 2014 02:36:14 PM
Old 12-23-2014
Ask the person who created your website what locale they used.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.htaccess?

For a schoolproject, I have to set up an intranet at a company headquarters in the Netherlands. But they want to give the division in the United States access to that intranet. I have to find out how to do that. I've heard that you can do that by giving certain people access to the intranet with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Puc conDoin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.htaccess

i want to protect a folder on my HP.... does the folder need more than ".htaccess" and ".htpasswd" to be protected , and ask for login and password??? Please help ...... i use HTAdmin 1.2.1 to manage my access files.. The systemadmin cant or wount answer.....:confused: Avenger (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avenger
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

htaccess

Something is wrong. I do everything right make the .htaccess file and stuff, but when I try the htpasswd command it says command not found. I use Putty SSH client and I think server is running RedHat 7.1 with Apache some version. HELP!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: _hp_
1 Replies

4. Linux

htpasswd command not found

dear unix, need ur help, i have installed apache n apache is working... but i cant use htpasswd , the error said command not found. for web authentucation... thanks for any help :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: click007
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to convert passwd file to .htpasswd

I need to take our unix password file and make the usernames and passwords in a .htpasswd file to protect some webpages. I really dont want to type them in. Any suggestions how I do this? /---Frank----/ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resolved: htpasswd issues (-b) on FreeBSD

I wrote a script to batch-create directories with .htaccess and .htpasswd files. I am using the following line to create the .htpasswd file: htpasswd -cb .htpasswd $USER $PASS However, I keep getting this message in return: Usage: htpasswd passwordfile username The -c flag creates a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redirect with htaccess

Hi, I would like to use htaccess 301 redirect with URL hiding. Ex: when browse the website 'abc.com' it should show the contents of the page 'xyz.com/start/index.html' but in addressbar should show the domain 'abc.com'. I know it works with html URL frame rewrite. But my question is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandranjoy
0 Replies

8. Web Development

.htaccess redirect with #

I have the following directive in my .htaccess: #RewriteRule ^mozrank/?$ "http://www.seobook.com/#a_aid=dh" The problem is that the redirect is going to http://www.seobook.com/%23a_aid=dh How to preserve the # when redirecting? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
2 Replies
LOCALE.CONF(5)                                                      locale.conf                                                     LOCALE.CONF(5)

NAME
locale.conf - Configuration file for locale settings SYNOPSIS
/etc/locale.conf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/locale.conf file configures system-wide locale settings. It is read at early boot by systemd(1). The basic file format of locale.conf is a newline-separated list of environment-like shell-compatible variable assignments. It is possible to source the configuration from shell scripts, however, beyond mere variable assignments, no shell features are supported, allowing applications to read the file without implementing a shell compatible execution engine. Note that the kernel command line options locale.LANG=, locale.LANGUAGE=, locale.LC_CTYPE=, locale.LC_NUMERIC=, locale.LC_TIME=, locale.LC_COLLATE=, locale.LC_MONETARY=, locale.LC_MESSAGES=, locale.LC_PAPER=, locale.LC_NAME=, locale.LC_ADDRESS=, locale.LC_TELEPHONE=, locale.LC_MEASUREMENT=, locale.LC_IDENTIFICATION= may be used to override the locale settings at boot. The locale settings configured in /etc/locale.conf are system-wide and are inherited by every service or user, unless overridden or unset by individual programs or individual users. Depending on the operating system, other configuration files might be checked for locale configuration as well, however only as fallback. /etc/vconsole.conf is usually created and updated using systemd-localed.service(8). localectl(1) may be used to alter the settings in this file during runtime from the command line. Use systemd-firstboot(1) to initialize them on mounted (but not booted) system images. OPTIONS
The following locale settings may be set using /etc/locale.conf: LANG=, LANGUAGE=, LC_CTYPE=, LC_NUMERIC=, LC_TIME=, LC_COLLATE=, LC_MONETARY=, LC_MESSAGES=, LC_PAPER=, LC_NAME=, LC_ADDRESS=, LC_TELEPHONE=, LC_MEASUREMENT=, LC_IDENTIFICATION=. Note that LC_ALL may not be configured in this file. For details about the meaning and semantics of these settings, refer to locale(7). EXAMPLE
Example 1. German locale with English messages /etc/locale.conf: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8 SEE ALSO
systemd(1), locale(7), localectl(1), systemd-localed.service(8), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 LOCALE.CONF(5)