Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove leading dot and slash on relative paths with find Post 302929460 by RavinderSingh13 on Sunday 21st of December 2014 11:53:39 PM
Old 12-22-2014
Hello Tribe,

Could you please try following and let us know if this helps, for me it works well(I am using bash).
Code:
find -type f -printf '%P\n'

You can check it in man find as follows too.
Quote:
%P File's name with the name of the command line argument under which it was found removed.
Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get cygpath to leave relative paths as relative?

If I execute mypath=`cygpath -w ../` echo $mypath I get d:\unix\nextVersion\script OK, d:\unix\nextVersion\script is the correct windows version of the path, but it is in absolute form. I would prefer it if cygpath left it in relative form, i.e. echo $mypath should output ..\ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabulous2
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to remove leading spaces

Hi Experts, In a file tht i copied from the web , i am not able to remove the leading white spaces. I tried the below , none of them working . I opened the file through vi to check for the special characters if any , but no such characters found. Your advice will be greatly appreciated. sed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Absolute and Relative Paths?

Can someone cofirm that I have got the paths correct here? :confused: $PATH_TO_TMP_DIR='/tmp'; #$PATH_TO_TMP_DIR='home/tmp'; $PATH_TO_YOUR_IMG_DIR = '/temp_images'; #$PATH_TO_YOUR_IMG_DIR = 'home/public_html/Midwich/temp_images'; Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stubie
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar and relative paths

HOw can I create a tar file with relative paths find . -depth -print | xargs tar -cvf /tmp/file.tar ? Thanks to all who answer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove a variable starting with dot using sed command

Hi, I want to remove a variable starting with dot(.) in a file using sed command. aaa sss .abc s/^\.abc/d I tried this but it didnt worked. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove slash

I got stuck in problem i need to remove slash but it is not working. current output /usr/sbin/httpd expected output usr sbin httpd (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitution to remove tailing slash?

Heyas I am trying to remove a tailing space, with substitution. Already tried some multiple escapes with no luck, is that even possible? echo $CHROOT || \ CHROOT="${CHROOT/\/$}" echo $CHROOT return And all i get is: :) paths $ CHROOT=/usr/local/ + paths $ . * /usr/local/ /usr/local/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inspecting leading char in string for slash

In a SCO Unix shop, I am working on the following script to move any file to its same location on the target machine (called 'othersy' here): pwd=`pwd` for i in "$@" do echo " $i " if ; then echo 1; else echo 0; fi rcp -p $i othersy:$pwd/$i echo "Finished with ^ If I find a file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show only the filenames under a directory without relative and absolute paths.

I am able to list all the filenames under a directory & its sub-directories except blent.tar on Linux find "/tmp/" -type f | grep -v blent.tar | rev | cut -d '/' -f1 | rev Desired Output: THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.txt javaws libjavaplugin_oji.so libjavaplugin_oji.so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove prefixes before dot

Shell : Bash shell I have a text file with entries like below srv.sr_num sr_number, atvx.ATTRIB_37 Product_Name, ktx.X_ATTRIB_52 Product_Type, mkx.created sr_created_date, nbv.sr_cat_type_cd sr_type, bkrx.sr_area sr_category, .. frx.order_id, des.stats_name , fpxg.current_id_name, ...... .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)