Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Get List of users+IPs
Operating Systems AIX Get List of users+IPs Post 302929354 by ibmtech on Friday 19th of December 2014 04:59:16 PM
Old 12-19-2014
First off it's not AIX6.3 but AIX6.1,
If who -ub is showing you hostname, that means your DNS is resolving the IP to hostname.
Just do nslookup <hostname>, it should give you IP address.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of IPs & database lookup

I am trying to feed a list of IP's to do lookups from a database. My script works only for the first IP but all subsequent IPs output as 'unknown'. #!/usr/bin/php -q <? $ip = file('ip.txt'); foreach ($ip as $ip_num => $ip) { echo $ip; $out=sprintf("%u", ip2long($ip)); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hazno
1 Replies

2. Programming

Get the list of logged in users

How can I get the list of logged in users in the system programmatically? I can get the list with 'who' or 'users' commands but I need to get the list programmatically... May someone help, please? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

how to list locked users in hp-ux?

Actually.I have 2 questions to ask. 1. how to list locked account in hp-ux? 2.how to list locked account in linux(redhat)? I can use the command "passwd -S -username" to list a account who were locked . who knows how to list all locked accounts with one command. Thanks!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter a list of IPs

Hello, I have a dump of IPs (around 2 million) and i need to filter out(delete) 37 IPs from this list. Here is a short list of IPs that i would need deleted 111.111.xxx.xxx 123.123.xxx.xxx 127.x.x.x 98.20.xx.xxx 10.135.xxx.xxx 11.105.xxx.xx 100.100.xxx.xxx 101.xxx.xx.xxx ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: senormarquez
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Ips from a list file

Hi Everyone, I typed a command: awk '{ print $1}' $LOGFILE | sort | uniq -c | sort -nr > $DEST/a.txt And I got file a.txt which show 6 1.1.1.1 3 2.2.2.2 2 3.3.3.3 1 4.4.4.4 Just now, I want to get exact ips which has first column > 5 to a file b.txt. In this situation, the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: testcase
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List system users and..

Hello i need fast help... script which will list only human users from /etc/passwd and find out if they have something in home. Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mentoscz
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

list of users

Hello!Does anybody know how to solve this script: ,,write a shell script which displays a list of names of users who have created files "*. c" in the last day."? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theodoraa
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users list

Hi i would like to know were the folder that contain file with list of all users ? And were i can learn about what kind of folder i have and wheat they have inside? question 2. when i write ls -a i see all directories and then i choose for example Documents and inside Documents i typed again... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iliya24
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the Manager of Users in AD - Using list- Get-ADuser

Is there any command that can used in Linux that export usernames and their manager's name from AD using bash shell script? I know this can be done using powershell but I need to use Linux for this procedure. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
2 Replies
ipa-replica-prepare(1)						 IPA Manual Pages					    ipa-replica-prepare(1)

NAME
ipa-replica-prepare - Create an IPA replica file SYNOPSIS
ipa-replica-prepare [OPTION]... hostname DESCRIPTION
Generates a replica file that may be used with ipa-replica-install to create a replica of an IPA server. A replica can only be created on an IPA server installed with ipa-server-install (the first server). You must provide the fully-qualified hostname of the machine you want to install the replica on and a host-specific replica_file will be created. It is host-specific because SSL server certificates are generated as part of the process and they are specific to a particular hostname. If IPA manages the DNS for your domain, you should either use the --ip-address option or add the forward and reverse records manually using IPA plugins. Once the file has been created it will be named replica-hostname. This file can then be moved across the network to the target machine and a new IPA replica setup by running ipa-replica-install replica-hostname. A replica should only be installed on the same or higher version of IPA on the remote system. OPTIONS
--dirsrv_pkcs12=FILE PKCS#12 file containing the Directory Server SSL Certificate and Private Key --http_pkcs12=FILE PKCS#12 file containing the Apache Server SSL Certificate and Private Key --dirsrv_pin=DIRSRV_PIN The password of the Directory Server PKCS#12 file --http_pin=HTTP_PIN The password of the Apache Server PKCS#12 file -p DM_PASSWORD, --password=DM_PASSWORD Directory Manager (existing master) password --ip-address=IP_ADDRESS IP address of the replica server. If you provide this option, the A and PTR records will be added to the DNS. --reverse-zone=REVERSE_ZONE The reverse DNS zone to use --no-reverse Do not create reverse DNS zone --ca=CA_FILE Location of CA PKCS#12 file, default /root/cacert.p12 --debug Prints info log messages to the output EXIT STATUS
0 if the command was successful 1 if an error occurred IPA
Mar 14 2008 ipa-replica-prepare(1)