Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX User restriction on C/C++ compiler on AIX Post 302929320 by m6248m on Friday 19th of December 2014 12:13:00 PM
Old 12-19-2014
Thanks for replying vbe.

We don't want all the application team to compile codes and implement it even by mistake. So we want to lock it down to a single user, so if they have to compile a code, they have to either sudo or su to that user and do their work, such that we can keep a track of who's doing what.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restriction for more than one user

How do l restrict more than one users on a multiple programming environment using the c shell profile. That is if a user is log-on on one terminal the system should be able to prompt a message if the users attempt to log on on another terminal. I user openserver 5.0.4 with dummy terminals, and also... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
7 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Restriction to User

Dear all, I am trying to create a new user account that can have the minimum access to the HP-Ux box, as in it only need to perform system info query like bdf and only able to read access system log files but not able to delete any file from any other directory beside it's own user directory... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gelbvonn
5 Replies

3. AIX

user session restriction

I want to restrict user's loging according to number of session. example the user named "patrik" can be login concurrently from 12 stations thru telnet the 13th if some body tries to telnet 13th session it should not allow, until any of the 12 sessions are closed. is it possibel ...i think... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba1
2 Replies

4. AIX

C++ compiler for AIX

please I want a help to how can I get C++ compiler to AIX OS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahmed waheed
3 Replies

5. AIX

user session restriction

hi, I am facing a problem from the remote system if i login to my AIX5.3 machine as root (thru telnet) the session does not expire for 2 hours even if the session is kept ideal But whenever i do the same thing from some other user then the session is lost within 10 minutes (if session is kept... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX Xlc compiler

Hi Team I have a native applicaiton built on AIX using the xLC v8 Which could be the possible impacts from a code change point of view if I'll compile with the xLC v10? Thanks Marco (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antcos
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User restriction

Dear All I had one user called msc. In that i had two folder.xxx and yyy ex: /home/msc/xxx ex: /home/msc/yyy Now i want that msc user only able to access xxx folder only. No other folder should be visible to it. Kindly let me know. How it possile?? Regards Jaydeep (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a new user with restriction

Hello, I would to create a new user with some restriction: 1. The user will not be able to CD any directory (I mean he'll login to the defined home directory and that's all). 2. The user will not be able to delete anything in that home directory Thanks a lot in advance, Shahar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaharoz
1 Replies

9. Linux

SFTP user access restriction to his home dir

Hi Friends, I have installed a FTP Server on my Linux machine (Fedora 11). I want the ftp users to be restricted to their own home dir using sftp. But the said condition is met when the user logs in using ftp over port 21 and when the user logs in using sftp i.e. protocol 22, he/she has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pashy
4 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 5.3 FTP Folder Restriction

Hi All, How can I restrict the folder on an FTP USER on AIX 5.3? I don't want the ID to change folder other than his own home folder. Thanks for any comment you may add. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
7 Replies
GKSU(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GKSU(1)

NAME
gksu - a Gtk+ su frontend SYNOPSIS
gksu [ options ] <command> gksudo [ options ] <command> DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly gksu and gksudo gksu is a frontend to su and gksudo is a frontend to sudo. Their primary purpose is to run graphical commands that need root without the need to run an X terminal emulator and using su directly. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. Common Options: --user <user>, -u <user> Calls <command> as the specified user --message <message>, -m <message> Replaces the standard message shown to ask for password for the argument passed to the option --sudo-mode, -S Use sudo instead of su as backend authentication system. Notice that the X authorization magic will not work when using sudo for target users other than root. --title <title>, -t <title> Replaces the default title with the argument --icon <icon>, -i <icon> Replaces the default window icon with the argument --print-pass, -p Asks gksu to print the password to stdout, just like ssh-askpass. Useful to use in scripts with programs that accept receiving the password on stdin. --disable-grab, -g Disables the "locking" of the keyboard, mouse, and focus done by the program when asking for password --ssh-fwd, -s Strip the host part of the $DISPLAY variable, so that GKSu will work on SSH X11 Forwarding. --login, -l Makes this a login shell. Beware this may cause problems with the Xauthority magic. Run xhost to allow the target user to open win- dows on your display! This is ignored if running with sudo as backend for authentication. --preserve-env, -k Preserve the current environments, does not set $HOME nor $PATH, for example. FILES
/etc/gksu.conf Configuration file to setup system-wide defaults for gksu/gksudo. It provides an option to force the display grabing, also. RETURN VALUE
On success, gksu will return 0. If an authentication error ocurred, it will exit with error code 3. If the user canceled the dialog or closed the window, it will return error code 2. On other error conditions, gksu will return 1. NOTE
Note that <command> and all its arguments should be passed as one single argument to gksu just like one would to when using su. SEE ALSO
su(1), gksuexec(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 2003 GKSU(1)