Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Swinstall and rsync - execute permission denied Post 302929142 by vbe on Thursday 18th of December 2014 07:05:54 AM
Old 12-18-2014
when you type model , what do you get?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied

I just started computer science at UW Milwaukee. When I access the university Solaris system from PuTTY, I get permission denied when I try to access the file I wrote. Now I really have no idea what I'm doing, I just don't understand why I get permission denied in my won directory. Thank You ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howeezy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wat is execute permission denied???

hi, i have a problem and is needed by next week. when i need to run a program at the specified time using the crontab, after that the program which will send a messege to the screen using the say command, which will show "Hello" but there is an error when i run it, in the mail it show that ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckng
5 Replies

3. AIX

0403-006 Execute permission denied.

Hi i am running the below script in vio server, i changed to aix mode..then #./script1 </code> ##Set today Date as file name. vardate= date +"%m%d%y%H%M%S" varhost= hostname filename= "$varhost_$vardate" echo $filename </code> the output is ....... </code> # ./mount_test ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: honeym210
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I keep getting .:Permission denied?

I'll start off by saying that I know very little about Unix - however, I do know that I have a .profile file in my home directory, and that I should be able to invoke it by typing . profile. However, when I do this for ANY .filename, I get ".: Permission denied". I'm pretty sure that there is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbersani
12 Replies

5. AIX

rm: execute permission denied in AIX

Hello All, We have an existing ssh set-up between 2 Unix servers ( Server A and Server B). Recently, we've had a problem where we cannot delete files (via app engine and even manually, after connecting thru ssh) on Server B. We manage Server A but Server B is handled by a different group, as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

I would like to copy data from local mechine to cluster. Basically, I typed scp -r DVD/ acount@cluster:/ it shows Permission denied. Could anyone please give me a clue to write permission on cluster, please? The poperty of where on cluster I'd like to put is drwxr-xr-x Any idea would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su_in99
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change: xecho: execute permission denied error

Hello, I am have an issues with one of my scripts. I get the following error when I get to the point in the script where I am making the change. The change does take however. the error is "change: xecho: execute permission denied" Everything was working properly until I start cleaning... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsonjr
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Permission denied

Hi guys im new to this db i have a small prob while installing websphereportal6.1i think i was installed succesfully but the error im getting is while starting server. check this out # ./serverStatus.sh -all Error loading: /usr/wps61/AppServer/java/jre/bin/classic/libjvm.so: cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varma917989
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting Error 0403-006 Execute permission denied.

Hi All, Need your help.. I am writing one script in which I am assigning value to one variable but when i am executing it is showing error "0403-006 Execute permission denied" below is the line of that script : INPUT_COUNT=wc $GIF_DIR/input/VID_RIMS.DAT | awk '{print $1}' and access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NirajThakar
2 Replies
rsync_selinux(8)					rsync Selinux Policy documentation					  rsync_selinux(8)

NAME
rsync_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the rsync daemon DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the rsync server via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have an extended attribute to define the file type. Policy governs the access daemons have to these files. If you want to share files using the rsync daemon, you must label the files and directories public_content_t. So if you created a special directory /var/rsync, you would need to label the directory with the chcon tool. chcon -t public_content_t /var/rsync To make this change permanent (survive a relabel), use the semanage command to add the change to file context configuration: semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/rsync(/.*)?" This command adds the following entry to /etc/selinux/POLICYTYPE/contexts/files/file_contexts.local: /var/rsync(/.*)? system_u:object_r:publix_content_t:s0 Run the restorecon command to apply the changes: restorecon -R -v /var/rsync/ SHARING FILES
If you want to share files with multiple domains (Apache, FTP, rsync, Samba), you can set a file context of public_content_t and pub- lic_content_rw_t. These context allow any of the above domains to read the content. If you want a particular domain to write to the pub- lic_content_rw_t domain, you must set the appropriate boolean. allow_DOMAIN_anon_write. So for rsync you would execute: setsebool -P allow_rsync_anon_write=1 BOOLEANS
system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), rsync(1), chcon(1), setsebool(8), semanage(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 rsync_selinux(8)