Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use a string in the for loop? Post 302929036 by RudiC on Wednesday 17th of December 2014 05:33:30 AM
Old 12-17-2014
And, don't use /ERROR/ (which is a regex constant) but $0 ~ ERROR in lieu.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if statement in for loop of a string

I am attempting to pass a string into awk and loop through it, and then for every occurrance of a certain character perform an action. In this case, for example, echo 1 for each time character r is found in the string. Except I can't get it to work. Could someone please tell me why? echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sniper Pixie
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with if loop (string comparison)

Hi Can someone please tell me what is wrong with this (ksh).. if + ]] then echo ${COMP_TEMP} fi What i need here is, say if the variable is a 1 or 2 digit number, then execute the if loop. Basically the variable can either be 1-30 or some other character sequence say '?', '&&'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psynaps3
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed appending string using for loop?

Hi All, I have been trying to format a file using sed. I can't seem to get the syntax right. I want to append the string from file1.txt to file1.csv with the final output file being file2.csv, but before the string is appended to the end of each line, first insert a comma. Here is the sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop through every char in a string

for example this string: gLZMQp8i Loop become easy if we add space between each char, How to do it? or other solutions are welcome. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a string in a loop

Hi, Can anyone help with the problem below? I need to read all text files (file1, file2, file3) in a loop and find file1.txt: file2.txt: File3.txt: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation not working in a loop

Hi, First post, so I hope someone can help me with this weirdness :) I have a number files with some rows of information I want to extract, at the same time I want to add to a string some details from the file. I have found two different ways of looping over rows in a file, but one method... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LostInTheWoods
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop ( string having spaces )

Dear All, i facing problem to use string having spaces in for loop.. file used for FOR LOOP command.txt rpm -t -v ttm -D -r RJLL -h YELP rpm -t -v ttm -D -r RJLL -h ERRT rpm -t -v ttm -D -r RJLL -h TYYE rpm -t -v ttm -D -r RJLL -h POOL CODE using for execute above command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a string using loop.

Hi i am very new to shell scripting. I have got stuck on a portion on my script. Problem : I have 30 logfiles inside /home/test directory. I need to find the string "@ended today" in all the 30 logfiles and print the name of the files which did not have this string. i need to this by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soma Das
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop with Perl (string search)

I am using a perl script to reverse and complement sequences if a string is found. The script works as expected as standalone but I would like to use it in my bash file. However, I am not getting my expected result. My test.txt file >Sample_72... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a string by string from a file to use in for loop?

Hi, I have a below sql query. select * from table where name in ('${name}); I have a requirement to automate this as here i need to pass the string value name from txt file. The text file contains the differnet special characters and i have some 200 names in the text file as follows. 3"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
3 Replies
KRB5_RD_ERROR(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					  KRB5_RD_ERROR(3)

NAME
krb5_rd_error, krb5_free_error, krb5_free_error_contents, krb5_error_from_rd_error -- parse, free and read error from KRB-ERROR message LIBRARY
Kerberos 5 Library (libkrb5, -lkrb5) SYNOPSIS
#include <krb5.h> krb5_error_code krb5_rd_error(krb5_context context, const krb5_data *msg, KRB_ERROR *result); void krb5_free_error(krb5_context context, krb5_error *error); void krb5_free_error_contents(krb5_context context, krb5_error *error); krb5_error_code krb5_error_from_rd_error(krb5_context context, const krb5_error *error, const krb5_creds *creds); DESCRIPTION
Usually applications never needs to parse and understand Kerberos error messages since higher level functions will parse and push up the error in the krb5_context. These functions are described for completeness. krb5_rd_error() parses and returns the kerboeros error message, the structure should be freed with krb5_free_error_contents() when the caller is done with the structure. krb5_free_error() frees the content and the memory region holding the structure iself. krb5_free_error_contents() free the content of the KRB-ERROR message. krb5_error_from_rd_error() will parse the error message and set the error buffer in krb5_context to the error string passed back or the matching error code in the KRB-ERROR message. Caller should pick up the message with krb5_get_error_string(3) (don't forget to free the returned string with krb5_free_error_string()). SEE ALSO
krb5(3), krb5_set_error_string(3), krb5_get_error_string(3), krb5.conf(5) HEIMDAL
July 26, 2004 HEIMDAL