Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tcl - how to report out metal layer usage in a design and measure its width and length? Post 302928883 by teddy6507 on Tuesday 16th of December 2014 03:50:37 AM
Old 12-16-2014
Question Tcl - how to report out metal layer usage in a design and measure its width and length?

Hi guys,
I am very new to tcl here. would like to request some help please

let say i have a design .it's a IC design .
I would like to know each usage of metal layer of that design and also measure its length and width?
how to code in such way?

thanks for any guidance/help

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Usage Report

Hey Guys I need help quick! Our regular SYSOP is ill and I've been assigned the job of creating a usage report. I've got to figure out who has logged on in the last month and how long they were logged on. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryprg
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is PXE boot bare-metal

hi members i am reading RHEL and i am unable to under stand about PXE boot and bare metal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wagmare
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining Two fixed width columns to a variable length file

Hi, I have two files. File1: File1 contains two fixed width columns ID of 15 characters length and Name is of 100 characters length. ID Name 1-43<<11 spaces>>Swapna<<94 spaces>> 1-234<<10 spaces>>Mani<<96 spaces>> 1-3456<<9 spaces>>Kapil<<95 spaces>> File2: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manneni prakash
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing column of variable length anf fixed width file

Hi, I have two input files. File1: ID Name Place 1-234~name1~Newyork 1-34~name2~Boston 1-2345~name3~Hungary File1 is a variable length file where each column is seperated by delimitter "~". File2: ID Country 1-34<<11 SPACES>>USA<<7 spaces>> 1-234<<10 SPACES>>UK<<8... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manneni prakash
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To design a report using shell script

Short Description: To find the core files from a directory for the previous day and e-mail it across to a particular id. 1) Finding the core files in a directory. 2) The time is divided into eight fields and based on the time the respective field should be updated with the flag 1. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic computer usage report

Our small company, about 5 users, need a basic script that scans mapped network drives (example: drive b,c,d, e, and f) for hard drive usage. This needs to send a report to myself in any type of basic notepad format (easy to read and decipher) for drives that have reached 80% usage... any ideas? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessessays
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

bare metal backup for HP-UX 11i v3?

How can i make a dvd image ( bare metal backup ) for HP-UX 11i v3 installation on integrity servers , for quick recovery for the os and installed software in case of disaster (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Length of a fixed width file

I have a fixed width file of length 53. when is try to get the lengh of the record of that file i get 2 different answers. awk '{print length;exit}' <File_name> The above code gives me length 50. wc -L <File_name> The above code gives me length 53. Please clarify on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amrutha24
2 Replies
PHSEG(3)						MBK PHYSICAL STRUCTURE DEFINITIONS						  PHSEG(3)

NAME
phseg - mbk physical segment DESCRIPTION
The phseg structure is used to describe a segment belonging to a symbolic layout model, see phfig(3) for details. Transistors are segments of a particular layer. The declarations needed to work on phseg are available in the header file "/labo/include/mph402.h", where '402' is the actual mbk version. The following C structure supports the description of the segment : typedef struct phseg { struct phseg *NEXT; char *NAME; long X1,Y1,X2,Y2; long WIDTH; char TYPE; char LAYER; struct ptype *USER; } phseg_list; NEXT Pointer to the next segment in the list. NAME Name of the segment. The name is not an identifier, and a name is present only if the designer used one for debug pur- poses. X1, Y1, X2, Y2 Coordinates of each end of the segment. Since it's a symbolic segment, one alway has either X1 = X2 or Y1 = Y2. Fur- thermore, by construction, it is warranty, if one accesses the data structure through the legal functions, that X1 <= X2 and Y1 <= Y2. TYPE This caracter can take four values : LEFT or RIGHT if Y1 = Y2. The exact value is chosen by addphseg, depending upon X1 and X2 relations. UP or DOWN if X1 = X2 LAYER Symbolic layer used for the segment. The legal values are : NWELL N bulk PWELL P bulk NTIE N implant in P bulk PTIE P implant in N bulk NDIF N diffusion PDIF P diffusion NTRANS N transistor PTRANS P transistor POLY polysilicium ALU1 first metal ALU2 second metal ALU3 third metal TPOLY polysilicum through route TALU1 first metal through route TALU2 second metal through route TALU3 third metal through route WIDTH Width of the segment. The physical extension of a segment is perpendicular to its direction. USER Pointer to a ptype list, see ptype for details, that is a general purpose pointer used to share informations on the segment. SEE ALSO
mbk(1), addphseg(3), getphseg(3), delphseg(3), phfig(3), ptype(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 PHSEG(3)