Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Asking independent-study textbook-style questions Post 302928715 by Neo on Sunday 14th of December 2014 03:58:33 PM
Old 12-14-2014
Yes. That is OK.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

making the application session independent

Hi all, I am actually new to Unix programming and this is my first question to this forum. I have an application and i want it to run independent of the command shell. For example, i run the application from a telnet session. But when i close my session, application is terminated. I just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bokhari_jawad
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to Launch an independent process.

Hello, I needed a help please... I have an application which launches process. For this i am using fork and execv method calls. By doing this my launched process are now child process of the parent process(launching process). I dont want this to happen, i want the process that is launched to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthi
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

is syslogd logging locale independent?

Just wanna know whether syslogd logs messages in a locale-independent fashion. I want to read the date/time format from log files. Normally the date/time is of the form Jan 23 04:11:30. can this date/time information found in log files be different for different locales?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudesh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Purchase CD when already have textbook

Hi folks. I bought a used "Guide to Unix Using Linux" 3rd edition. The seller (third part from Amazon) did not include the CDs. I want to now just buy the CDs. I contacted the publisher and posted on a couple of forums. I searched with the ISBN 0619215623 and couldn't find anything. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tckilian
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Machine Independent??

Hi What do we mean when we say " Unix is Machine Independent?" Can anybody explain with example? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Session independent process

Hi i am trying to run a report which takes approx 5 hours to complete so what i did i put that reporting command in background and then this reporting process started executed in background but the problem is when i close that session that background job lost :( .... please help me that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Independent column sorting

Dear All, I have a set of columns (usually unknown number) and I would like to sort each of them (descending values) but my columns are independent. Can you please help me file1 1,5,7 3,4,9 2,6,8 outcome should be 1,4,7 2,5,8 3,6,9 I have tried sort -n -k1,1 -k2,2 -k3,3 but this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
8 Replies

8. IP Networking

1 VPS with 2 IP addresses. How to make them independent?

I have this in /etc/network/interfaces: auto ens3 iface ens3 inet static address 46.xx.xxx.1x7 netmask 255.255.252.0 broadcast 46.38.xxx.255 gateway 46.xx.xxx.1 auto ens3:0 iface ens3:0 inet static address 188.xx.xx.xx5 netmask... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Douro
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

1 VPS with 2 IP addresses. How to make them independent?

Code: auto ens3 iface ens3 inet static address 46.xx.xxx.1x7 netmask 255.255.252.0 broadcast 46.38.xxx.255 gateway 46.xx.xxx.1 auto ens3:0 iface ens3:0 inet static address 188.xx.xx.xx5 netmask 255.255.255.255 I want the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oshihari
1 Replies
books(3)							       Coin								  books(3)

NAME
books - Books Related to Open Inventor / Coin Here is a list of some of the better books for people that invested in software development with Open Inventor. If you have suggestions for additional books that ought to go on this list, please feel free to tell us about it. The Inventor Mentor (subtitle 'Programming Object-Oriented 3D Graphics with Open Inventor') This is an excellently written, detailed, tutorial-style introductory book for Open Inventor that takes you through all the fundamental design principles applied in the Open Inventor API, richly illustrated and with numerous, well documented code examples. The Inventor Mentor is getting a bit old, but do not let that put you off. It is as valid today as it was the day it was written, and we heartily recommend this book for anyone learning to use Open Inventor. ISBN 0-201-62495-8. You might also be able to find this book as a pdf file online, but we recommend having it in print. The Inventor Toolmaker This book explains how Open Inventor was designed for being extended by the users, and walks you through how to develop your own components that work with all aspects of Coin. ISBN 0-201-62493-1. You might also be able to find this book as a pdf file online, but we recommend having it in print. The Annotated VRML2.0 Reference Manual This book covers the VRML97 (aka VRML 2.0) standard, which Coin has implemented with its Inventor/VRMLnodes/* classes, which is an extension made beyond the Open Inventor V2.1 API. The VRML97 format has some significant differences from the Inventor and VRML1 formats, so it is a useful book if you want to use that part of Coin. ISBN 0-201-41974-2. You will find the specification documents for VRML97 online at http://www.web3d.org/. The Open GL Programming Manual This is the bible when it comes to OpenGL programming and is relevant for Open Inventor extenders that develop new nodes that implement or affect Open Inventor OpenGL rendering. There are many editions of this book since it is updated whenever new versions of OpenGL are standardized and comes out, so check that you have identified the latest edition if you order one. The Open Inventor C++ Reference Manual Although this book is directly relevant for Open Inventor, it does only cover the Open Inventor 2.1 API. This information is more or less also covered in the online doxygen doc for Coin, where you have it hyperlinked, and can also be generated offline from the Coin sources to have locally, so we do not think this book is very useful to have in print. We mention it anyway since it is an official documentation book for Open Inventor. ISBN 0-201-62491-5. Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 books(3)