Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to conditionally display and remove first line only? Post 302928687 by RudiC on Sunday 14th of December 2014 05:16:17 AM
Old 12-14-2014
Comparing above mail files to what I have on my systems, the first is an "mbox" type mail, while the second seems to be or already have been converted to "thunderbird" format.
Did you try to make thunderbird read them directly?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed csv remove conditionally

Hello, I have many csv file, but I would like to delete lines with some values in a column conditionally. My example look like this, ex1e, ex2g, ex39, pasg, ssg, mrlc, pc, kb, coop -112, -53, -177, 64, 62, 71, 1, 487, 20 -101, -61, -53, 0, 32767, 51, 0, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jae
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display mutiple line in single line

Hi All, I had a file called Input.txt, i need to group up in a single line as 1=ttt and the no of lines may vary bewteen the 1=ttt cat Input.txt 1=ttt,2=xxxxxx, 3=4545 44545, 4=66667 7777, 5=77723 1=ttt, 2=xxxxxx, 3=34436 66 3545, 4=66666, 5=ffffff, 6=uuuuuuu 1=ttt, 2=xxxxxx,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manosubsulo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove newline character conditionally

Hi All, I have 5000 records like this Request_id|Type|Status|Priority|Ticket Submitted Date and Time|Actual Resolved Date and Time|Current Ticket Owner Group|Case final Ticket Owner Group|Customer Severity|Reported Symptom/Request|Component|Hot Topic|Reason for Missed SLA|Current Ticket... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_53933
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove file conditionally between two server using sftp

Hi, I am having 2 servers, Need to delete files from server1 if those files exist in server2 other wise no action using sftp .And the process is non-interactive way. I have got confused how to check the condition in sftp because there is non of the shell condition or loop command is executing.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add text at the end of line conditionally

Hi All, I have a file as below: cat myfile abcdef NA rwer tyujkl na I wish to add the text ".txt" at the end of all lines except the lines starting with NA or na. I know i can add text at the end of line using following command but I am not sure how to valiate the condition. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to insert new line conditionally

Dear All, I have a file like: If $4=2001, a duplicated line will be inserted and $4 will be assigned value 2011; so that the new file would be: How to write awk to accomplish this? thank you very much! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find and display the middle line in a file using single line command.

Hi all, How can i display the middle line of a file using a single line command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakme Pemmaiah
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditionally add character at end of line

Hi, I would like have a shell script to check every line in a file to see if it ends with ";". If this is NOT the last character ";" should be added. MyFile.csv : web9331801;01/01/2014 23:39:35;;"93962";353150256; web9331802;01/01/2014 23:44:29;;"479288";353153538; web9331803;01/01/2014... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vg77
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: Read line parse characters into variable and remove the line if the date is older than 50 days

I have a test file with the following format, It contains the username_date when the user was locked from the database. $ cat lockedusers.txt TEST1_21062016 TEST2_02122015 TEST3_01032016 TEST4_01042016 I'm writing a ksh script and faced with this difficult scenario for my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: humble_learner
11 Replies
Tk_GetDash(3)						       Tk Library Procedures						     Tk_GetDash(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetDash - convert from string to valid dash structure. SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetDash(interp, string, dashPtr) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting. const char * string (in) Textual value to be converted. Tk_Dash *dashPtr (out) Points to place to store the dash pattern value converted from string. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These procedure parses the string and fills in the result in the Tk_Dash structure. The string can be a list of integers or a character string containing only ".,-_" or spaces. If all goes well, TCL_OK is returned. If string does not have the proper syntax then TCL_ERROR is returned, an error message is left in the interpreter's result, and nothing is stored at *dashPtr. The first possible syntax is a list of integers. Each element represents the number of pixels of a line segment. Only the odd segments are drawn using the "outline" color. The other segments are drawn transparent. The second possible syntax is a character list containing only 5 possible characters ".,-_ ". The space can be used to enlarge the space between other line elements, and can not occur as the first position in the string. Some examples: -dash . = -dash {2 4} -dash - = -dash {6 4} -dash -. = -dash {6 4 2 4} -dash -.. = -dash {6 4 2 4 2 4} -dash {. } = -dash {2 8} -dash , = -dash {4 4} The main difference of this syntax with the previous is that it is shape-conserving. This means that all values in the dash list will be multiplied by the line width before display. This assures that "." will always be displayed as a dot and "-" always as a dash regardless of the line width. On systems where only a limited set of dash patterns, the dash pattern will be displayed as the most close dash pattern that is available. For example, on Windows only the first 4 of the above examples are available. The last 2 examples will be displayed identically as the first one. KEYWORDS
dash, conversion Tk 8.3 Tk_GetDash(3)