Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sequence generation in shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sequence generation in shell Post 302928249 by r_t_1601 on Wednesday 10th of December 2014 07:53:25 AM
Old 12-10-2014
just tweaking the above a bit

Code:
cut -d"," -f7,8 < file4 | tr ',' ' ' | while read A B; do `echo seq $A $B`; done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequence number generation on a key column

Hi Folks, Can you help me with this issue: I have to generate the numbers say from 1001 for each record in a file based on a key field, the catch is the generated number should be unique based on key column. (EMP_NUMBER) Example: Input File: EMP_NUMBER EMP_NAME 8908 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ID generation in sequence

i have an xml tag. The value for the tag should be iterated through out the xml document. eg: <data><id><id><name>a</name><addr>aaa</addr><phnumb>3456</phnumb><state>ca</state><city>ny</city></data>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sgiri1
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor file generation for an hour using Korn shell script

Hi, I am new to this unix scripting, I got a requirement like.. Files with *.XML extension will be generating in a /home/sample/ folder for every 15 mins. I need to monitor those files in that particular folder for every hour. If no file has been generated in that particular folder for an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siri_886
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting : Help Me for this sequence

I have two input files (given below) and to compare each line of the File1 with each line of File2 starts with '>sample1'. If a match occurs and that matched line in the File2 contains another line or sequence of lines starting with "Chr" they have to be displayed in output file with that sample.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hravisankar
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting for this sequence to compare

I have two input files (given below) and to compare each line of the File1 with each line of File2 starts with '>sample1'. If a match occurs and that matched line in the File2 contains another line or sequence of lines starting with "Chr" they have to be displayed in output file with that sample.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hravisankar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting for this sequence

KINDLY HELP ME FOR SHELL SCRIPTING FOR THIS TASK. My input file consists of thousands of sequence in this format. The given input file consists of four sequences which are starting with ‘>’ symbol (each sequence shown in different colour for easy understanding). I have to use a command at $... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kswapnadevi
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sequence number merged with hypen, shell script

Hello Folks, i have to write shell scripting for given expected output manner. in given input we have to write shell script in such a way that sequence no can b merged/link between start and end digit with hyphen "-" symbol and rest of digit separated by "," Eg : For Input "2 6 7 8 11 12... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchalh
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic file generation using shell

I have to generate the file dynamically from the source file based on the below control file. control_file.txt 1,3,5,-1,8,-1,4 The control file contain the position of column which i required from the source file, Example 1 column ,3 column ,5 column ,blank column(-1 indicates blank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rspwilliam
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will shell script executes in sequence

I have a shell script scheduled in cron job to run at every 1 minute which transfers files to remote machine and then move the files to backup folder. cd /u01/app/ftp_tmp sftp user@hostname <<-EOF cd /home/user/ftp mput * bye EOF mv /u01/app/ftp_tmp/* /u01/app/ftp_bkp Now the problem is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhavi
6 Replies
VM(1)								      mgetty								     VM(1)

NAME
vm - VoiceModem is the program for handling the voice modem functionality from shell scripts ACTIONS
beep options [<frequency [<length in 0.001sec>]]> diagnostics options device name (e.g. ttyS2 dial options phone number help play options [<file names]+> record options file name shell options [<shell script [shell options]]> wait options [<time in seconds]> devicetest OPTIONS
-c n use compression type n -d n set i/o device -t, -m, -i, -e, -s, -H equals to -d <2,3,4,5,6,7> -l s set device string (e.g. -l ttyS2:ttyC0) -v verbose output -w use off / on hook signal from local handset to start and stop recording -x n set debug level -L n set maximum recording length in sec -P print first DTMF tone on stdout and exit -R read and print DTMF string on stdout and exit -S s set default shell for shell scripts (e.g. -S /bin/sh) -T n set silence timeout in 0.1sec -V n set silence threshold to <n> (0-100%%) SEE ALSO
vgetty(1) POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 30: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' Around line 32: '=item' outside of any '=over' Around line 71: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.10.1 2010-04-04 VM(1)