Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Where are people landing on the sytemd debate? Post 302928205 by Swathe on Wednesday 10th of December 2014 01:22:36 AM
Old 12-10-2014
I would rather stay with something that adheres to the POSIX way of doing things. Binary logs? I don't understand the need.

The same guy wrote pulse audio as well which is one of my pet hates.
This User Gave Thanks to Swathe For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP debate...

Hello, sorry in advance, I'm a first time poster and somewhat new to UNIX (Mac OS X) I've searched on your boards and have been unsuccessfull in finding information on this. I have found some info at Google but not enough to validate my stance in a debate. I'm trying to FTP into a server and the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonathanfreeman
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script execution dependent upon a file landing in a certain directory

Hi all, I'm looking to write a script that is dependent upon the existence of 2 files each in separate directories. My thought was to do: **psuedo code ** execute script check directory 1 for file1 if file exists then execute script 2 ( checking directory 2 for file 2) else... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keladar
3 Replies

3. Linux

Linux-laptop compatibility debate

Hey guys, i use my mac laptop and i love it, but i have decided its time to break the mold and use linux, and since linux on macs suck, i need to know what kind of pc to build... I want to know what kind of motherboard, wireless cards, hard drives, laptops, video cards, and etc. people have had... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mesaynaysayer
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Landing location after FTP.

Hi, I have a requirement that my server receives files from a third party. For this a new user(vendor) has been created and given to the vendor with the default home directory as /home/vendor on my server where he will be placed as soon as he logs into my server. Due to space issues on /home I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba27
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

New UserCP Landing Page (version 0.48)

There is a know bug deep in the Javascript library d3.js which causes an intermediate charting rendering bug in Vue.js. In a nutshell, when a page is reloaded the chart data is not rendered sometimes, but when the Vue.js route changes (a menu item in the UserCP is selected), it works flawlessly.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-SYSV-GENERATOR(8)				      systemd-sysv-generator					 SYSTEMD-SYSV-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-sysv-generator - Unit generator for SysV init scripts SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-sysv-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-sysv-generator is a generator that creates wrapper .service units for SysV init[1] scripts in /etc/init.d/* at boot and when configuration of the system manager is reloaded. This will allow systemd(1) to support them similarly to native units. LSB headers[2] in SysV init scripts are interpreted, and the ordering specified in the header is turned into dependencies between the generated unit and other units. The LSB facilities "$remote_fs", "$network", "$named", "$portmap", "$time" are supported and will be turned into dependencies on specific native systemd targets. See systemd.special(5) for more details. SysV runlevels have corresponding systemd targets (runlevelX.target). The wrapper unit that is generated will be wanted by those targets which correspond to runlevels for which the script is enabled. systemd does not support SysV scripts as part of early boot, so all wrapper units are ordered after basic.target. systemd-sysv-generator implements systemd.generator(7). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.service(5), systemd.target(5) NOTES
1. SysV init https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/sysvinit 2. LSB headers http://refspecs.linuxbase.org/LSB_3.1.1/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/iniscrptact.html systemd 237 SYSTEMD-SYSV-GENERATOR(8)