Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove rows containing commas with awk Post 302928155 by senhia83 on Tuesday 9th of December 2014 11:49:43 AM
Old 12-09-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
Code:
egrep -v " .*," file

Your egrep approach will also delete lines with commas other than 2nd col?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How do i remove commas(,) & spaces

Hey guys, I am very much new to shell scripts. So you ppl may feel that i am asking stupid question here. :D 1. I am using command line argument as an input variable. The user gets this value in his mail from client which has commas n spaces (Eg. 12,34,56,789) and the scripts... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to remove duplicate rows in line

i have the long file more than one ns and www and mx in the line like . i need the first ns record and first www and first mx from line . the records are seperated with tthe ; i am try ing in awk scripting not getiing the solution. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranmosarla
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate commas after exporting excel file to csv

Hello everyone I'm new here and this is my first post so first of all I want to say that this is a great forum and I have managed to found most of my answers in these forums : ) So with that I ask you my first question: I have an excel file which I saved as a csv. However the excel file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spunkerspawn
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to remove extra commas from CSV outp file

Name,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Domain,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Contact,Phone,Email,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Location -----------------------,------------------------------------------------,-------,-----,---------------------------------,------------------------------------ ----... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove rows with first 4 fields duplicated in awk

Hi, I am trying to use awk to remove all rows where the first 4 fields are duplicates. e.g. in the following data lines 6-9 would be removed, leaving one copy of the duplicated row (row 5) Borgarhraun FH9822 ol24 FH9822_ol24_m20 ol Deformed c Borgarhraun FH9822 ol24 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomahawk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove commas if touching any letters

I have a csv file that I am trying to edit. I need to remove any comma that is touching a letter. I used this command to find them. grep , moz_places_good.csv | head -n 10 | grep ,I would think I could use some form of this to just delete the commas and not the letter before it. Just not sure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove leading commas in the file

Hi , I have a file with below records 965382,10310858,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 767010,10217614,3,10217616,10217622,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vputtas@gmail.c
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Code required -Output in Multiple Rows to be in single row separated by Commas -

Hola Greetings Experts , I have records spreaded across multiple lines. in attached log.txt i want output to be in 1 line like this below Atached as Output.txt. In brief Output related to 1 line is spreaded across multiple row I wanted it to be in 1 row . Please opem the file in notepad... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishK
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove quotes and commas from field

In the attached file I am trying to remove all the "" and , (quotes and commas) from $2 and $3 and the "" (quotes) from $4. I tried the below as a start: awk -F"|" '{gsub(/\,/,X,$2)} 1' OFS="\t" enhancer.txt > comma.txt Thank you :). (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file?

how to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file Input file format "Server1","server-PRI-Windows","PRI-VC01","Microsoft Windows Server 2012, (64-bit)","Powered On","1,696.12","server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R013,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R031,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R023"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
5 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)