Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Antivirus for Solaris 8
Operating Systems Solaris Antivirus for Solaris 8 Post 302928005 by DustinT on Monday 8th of December 2014 08:01:39 AM
Old 12-08-2014
I'd recommend against this approach. It is counterproductive to run a version of Solaris that old and try and secure it with AV software. I suggest you consider upgrading again, and if you simply cannot do that then consider other methods of securing the server such as limiting access to it via firewall or other methods.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Antivirus software for UNIX

I know that it's not necessary to get antivirus software for UNIX operating systems, but could someone please recommend some anyway? Does McAfee make any? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ellethompson
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

antivirus for sun solaris

Hi All , Please i have mail server , sun solaries 7 .. and i want to protect the users mails from viruses . so i want to download an antivirus for this server to protect it against viruses . is there anything for FREEEEEEEE plzzzzz. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open source antivirus

Hello What is the best open source anti virus? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohammadmahdi
4 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Antivirus Programm for Solaris Desktop

Hello, I´m searching a antivirus solution for Solaris Desktop PC´s (Intel). Can anyone tell me more about some producer?? Thanks Volker (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingossi
6 Replies

5. Linux

Linux Antivirus

Hi, Can anyone suggest the best free antivirus for Linux? I'm using RED HAT 9.0 & want to install antivirus for it.... So if anyone could suggest anything, that would be great. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
5 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Best Antivirus :

There are number of antivirus available in market.The most of the persons get confused when they try to choose.So please direct us and guide us here the best way to choose antivirus for different purposes and works. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klusner
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Antivirus

I have fedora 15 lovelock. I need an antivirus for internet security. Which will be the best.. Plz suggest. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amisubha
11 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Issue while installing antivirus

I downloaded a trial version Kaspersky PURE 3.0.13.0.2.558 While installing it was showing a message that :" The foll. is a problem for proper working of this antivurus Norton Internet ..../ Norton Anti-virus / Norton ...." The message was something like this. I searched for Norton in "search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)