Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cash Register Change Program
Top Forums Programming Cash Register Change Program Post 302927917 by totoro125 on Sunday 7th of December 2014 10:10:59 AM
Old 12-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ongoto
@ totoro125
You give me all kinds of ideas. Smilie

You could have two classes and keep transactions separated.

Class CashRegister
An accounting of the bills/coins that should be in your drawer.
date
ones = 1;
fives = 5;
tens = 10;
twenties = 20;
coins...

def bills - add/subtract

def coins - add/subtract

def report

Class Transaction
Keeping track of bills/coins recieved for each exchange.
record
transaction_id
date
sale_amount
tendered_amount
change_amount
tender
bills
coins
change
bills
coins

def update register

def calculate change

Figure out the largest bills/coins to give as change amount.
Update the register.
---------
To start (instantiate) a transaction you would give each a unique name -- something like...

tx1 = Transaction()
call the methods using the new instance name..
tx1.method(param)
...and then append them to a list
txList.append(tx1)

Do the register the same way...
regToday = CashRegister()
Thank you! That helps a lot, but is how I started correct? And did I do the syntax correctly?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Program Change Question

I am an IT auditor with a big 4 accounting firm and am cur the process of conducting an application program change audit for a large public company related to Sarbanes Oxley. This is my first time using this forum and need some assistance in verifying a fact that I believe to be true. My client... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpp122
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script/program to change the password ?

hi, Somebody have or known where i can find a perl small perl program to change the password. The point: First it verify is the user exist, checking the old typed password and replace it with new. The passwords must be encoded. Thanks, very much! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kad
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding register set being used in program

How can i find( or list) contents of all registers being used by my program? Is there any system call or library available for this?:confused: At runtime in my c/c++ program. At runtime using may be some assembly hack!!!!!!!!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit gangarade
2 Replies

4. Programming

Change Pseudo Code to C Program (print and fork)

I am very new at programming and this is probably an easy question, but I am desperate. I need to change this low level code into a C program that I can run so I can print out every "A" that appears with the fork() command. You help is greatly appreciated. PRINT A p=fork() if( p == 0) {... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpommm
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a simple ATM (Cash machine simulation)

I need to create a simple ATM (Cash machine simulation in unix) which shows a welcome screen, then a login screen to enter 3 users details. help please on the coding The users details need to be in a txt file: the details are: (PIN No, First name last name, Account number, Balance, Histrosy) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oobla01
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Simulate a ATM (cash machine) on UNIX(Putty) using scritps

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I need to create a simple ATM (Cash machine simulation in unix) which shows a welcome screen, then a login screen... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oobla01
2 Replies

7. Debian

Change the privileges needed to run a program

Hi everyone, I have an issue with a project of mine. I have to run a program on a terminal which requires to be logged in as su to have it run it. Given that I'm having problem to use expect to give the password I'd like to change the privilege of that program from SU to normal user ( I have the SU... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaisselick87
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change to different user id inside a program

Hi, There is a process ( built in C/C++) which starts with my user id and I need to execute a specific function with a different user id. Is there any api so that I provide userid, passwd and the next instance the process will have the new user id privileges. - Pranav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_pranava
3 Replies
MSGCMP(1)								GNU								 MSGCMP(1)

NAME
msgcmp - compare message catalog and template SYNOPSIS
msgcmp [OPTION] def.po ref.pot DESCRIPTION
Compare two Uniforum style .po files to check that both contain the same set of msgid strings. The def.po file is an existing PO file with the translations. The ref.pot file is the last created PO file, or a PO Template file (generally created by xgettext). This is useful for checking that you have translated each and every message in your program. Where an exact match cannot be found, fuzzy matching is used to produce better diagnostics. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. Input file location: def.po translations ref.pot references to the sources -D, --directory=DIRECTORY add DIRECTORY to list for input files search Operation modifiers: -m, --multi-domain apply ref.pot to each of the domains in def.po --use-fuzzy consider fuzzy entries --use-untranslated consider untranslated entries Input file syntax: -P, --properties-input input files are in Java .properties syntax --stringtable-input input files are in NeXTstep/GNUstep .strings syntax Informative output: -h, --help display this help and exit -V, --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by Peter Miller. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnu-gettext@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1995-1998, 2000-2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for msgcmp is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and msgcmp programs are properly installed at your site, the command info msgcmp should give you access to the complete manual. GNU gettext-tools 0.17 November 2007 MSGCMP(1)