Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Time Utility
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Time Utility Post 302927878 by Don Cragun on Saturday 6th of December 2014 09:58:52 PM
Old 12-06-2014
Is . in your setting of $PATH?
If not, did you try:
Code:
$ time ./sort1 < sort1.c > /dev/null

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What utility do I use for this?

I want to pull out the 3rd column of information and stick in a file. What is the Utility I use to do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: James
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

useing date or other time style utility to get milliseconds.

hello everyone. im sure someone has run into the problem of timestamping files and end up haveing 2 files with the same name thus over writeing one of them. In my application i am trying to get a timestamp w/ milliseconds but i am haveing no luck and finding an answer in the man pages. I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Talk utility

Are "talk" sessions logged or can they be logged? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbonilla
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing Utility

Hi I am looking for a printing utility option, which assist unix/linux administrator to control printing jobs. The major concerns are Assigning the particular printer and queue to a user profile Option to change the queue or printer for a particular printer job Option to change the printing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkhfsd
2 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Account Utility

Hi, I'm pretty new to UNIX and LINUX and am trying to find out what utility to use to manage accounts. Thanks for the help in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: klevr99
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unknown utility

Hi everyone, I am a beginner in Linux and Shell scripting.I am migrating a couple of shell scripts from Solaris platform to Linux platform.In one script i saw a usage as : /base/article/ocilib/lobfile $username/$password $filename $filepath I didn't understand what this represents.The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed utility

I am new to unix os. Can you explain in short about sed? with some examples. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Padmav
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

utility

hi experts, Can you please help me out in removing delimiters with in double quotes from a CSV file. input: ===== a,"bnn,",dgd, "sagfh,dj",ad output ===== a,"bnn",dgd, "sagfhdj",ad there are so mnay fileds in a row and there are millions of rows. Thanks in an advance.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhendu81
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

crypt utility

Hello all, I'm currently on HP-UX and will be moveing shortly to Red Hat Linux. Is there a crypt or an equivalent utitlity on RHEL? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
4 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux