Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Array Element
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Array Element Post 302927833 by sea on Friday 5th of December 2014 09:41:39 PM
Old 12-05-2014
You could also use a conf file for all those entries....
Even if it looks as simple as this:
Code:
var1="param_name1"
var2="param_name2"

While just reading from such a file is very easy using IFS="=" and a while read, any kind of 'dynamic' reading of a certain variable might become more complex.

There is the option to save each entry into a single file.

I just had help to avoid shell injection with my scripts regarding conf file modification Reading and Writing a conf file - Suggestions and improvements?.

Their function:
Code:
# List all variables (NOT values!)
tui-conf-get -l "FILE"

# Get value
tui-conf-get "FILE" "VAR"

# Set value
tui-conf-set "FILE" "VAR" "VAL"

Maybe they could be of help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

accessing my first element of array

Hello everyonel, I have an array set like so num=4 read name arr=name I go through while loop to assign different values to different array element from 1 to 4. when I try to access the FIRST element of the array I get the last one first. Like if I say ${arr} it will show the last element... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding array element in KSH

All, I would like to add the first 10 elements of an array. Here is how I am doing it now (only included first few add ops): #!/usr/bin/ksh ###Grab the array values out of a file### TOTAL=`awk '/time/' /tmp/file.out | awk '{print $4}'` set -A times $TOTAL SUM=$((${times} + times... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shift array element

I want to delete and 0th element of array in shell scrpit and also shift all others to one level up. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP unsetting array element in loop

I have a loop and I need to be able to unset the array element that I am currently accessing in it. I was thinking of making a counter that increments with the loop and doing unset $dirs but if I do that I am not sure if the other members of the array would get shifted down in index (meaning that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msf5042
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove an element from array

I need to remove an element from the below array variable TABLENAME. #!/bin/ksh set -A TABLENAME "mirf roxar keke mirs" echo "the array is ${TABLENAME}" If i need to remove say keke and have the final TABLENAME as below, how this could be achieved. Pls throw some light. echo "Modified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign an array element to a variable

Hi every one.. I'm new to shell scripting... I would like to assign a single array element to a variable... Is it possible to do it.... Could any body help me.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik_87
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

previous element in the array perl

Hi, How to get previous/next element in the array perl Example @queue = (1, 2 ,3 , 4); I want to get value of 1 and 2, or, 2 and 3, or 3 and 4...etc and compare to value which one is greater to do that I need to get previous and next element of array ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guidely
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Assigning zero to element of ksh array.

set -A matched #find referenced files. for i in ${file_names_html} do counter_j=0 for j in ${file_names_minus_index} do match=`cat $i | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robin_simple
1 Replies

9. Programming

How to delete a duplicate element from below array.

Hello forum , Please solve the below queery. A sorted array which has repated elements. A = {1,2,3,3,4,5,5,5,6,9,9} i want to delete the duplicate elements and to genrate a new array. i need the array sholud be like this A = {1,2,3,4,5,6,9}. Please write the piece of code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiplying array element

I am trying to take all the elements of an array and multiply them by 2, and then copy them to a new array. Here is what I have i=0 for true in DMGLIST do let DMGSIZES2="${DMGSIZES}"*2 let i++ done unset i echo ${DMGSIZES2} It does the calculation correctly for the first element,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
7 Replies
OWL::DirectSemantics::Element::Declaration(3pm) 	User Contributed Perl Documentation	   OWL::DirectSemantics::Element::Declaration(3pm)

NAME
OWL::DirectSemantics::Element::Declaration - represents an OWL Declaration DESCRIPTION
This class represents the Declaration element in OWL Direct Semantics. This class inherits from OWL::DirectSemantics::Element. It does the OWL::DirectSemantics::Writer::FunctionalSyntax and OWL::DirectSemantics::Writer::Dump roles. Attributes "annotations" A list of annotations associated with this object. The value is a ArrayRef. "declare" The thing that was declared. The value is a OWL::DirectSemantics::Element. This is a required attribute. SEE ALSO
OWL::DirectSemantics, OWL::DirectSemantics::Element. AUTHOR
Toby Inkster <tobyink@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2011-2012 Toby Inkster This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THIS PACKAGE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-28 OWL::DirectSemantics::Element::Declaration(3pm)