Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Move files only if no other file is present there in first place Post 302927746 by RudiC on Friday 5th of December 2014 07:32:04 AM
Old 12-05-2014
Please use code tags as required by forum rules!

In principle, using variables for one off use is somewhat pointless. And, why are you using ll instead of plain ls? Try
Code:
[ "$(ls)" != ""  ] && echo " files exist in the directory " || ... do your copying / moving

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find all the files that contain any of the words present in another file

Hi All, I am new to UNIX and shell scripts and also new to this forum. I need a script to find all the files in a directory that contain any of the strings present in another file. Please provide me the script or if you could provide pointers to any link in this forum it would be helpful.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsanthosh
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls > file - Creating file containing the list of all files present in a directory

Hi All, I need to create a file which contains the list of all the files present in that directory. e.g., ls /export/home/user/*.dat > list_file.dat but what i am getting is: $ ls /export/home/user/*.dat > list_file.dat /export/home/user/*.dat: No such file or directory But I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

[Solved] Deleting a all core files present in file systems ?

Hi All IN HPUX 11 How to delete an unwanted "core" file with a single command which is being generated in different locations of the system the command should be able to free up the space occupied by all "core" file which is present in different folders and filesytems in a system ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp RAW files if JPEG file present

hi guys and girls, i have a folder containing RAW and JPG images. eg... 001.jpg 003.jpg 005.jpg 001.raw 002.raw 003.raw 004.raw 005.raw I want to copy only RAW files that have a corresponding JPG file in to a new folder. the jpg files do not need to be copied. in this example i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fxylxy
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to list files not present in audio.txt file

I am having following folder structure. /root/audios/pop /root/audios/jazz /root/audios/rock Inside those pop, jazz, rock folders there are following files, p1.ul, p2.ul, p3.ul, j1.ul, j2.ul, j3.ul, r1.ul, r2.ul, r3.ul And I have a file named as "audio.txt" in the path /root/audios,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopikrish81
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using gsed with cp to sort files in directory - every N file copy to new place

Hi all, I'm having a problem with some basic piping issues... I have been able to get in a directory and ls | gsed in order to list every N file for instance: ls | gsed -n '2~5p' The thing is I want to be able to copy the output files to a new directory. Basically directory /all has a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgoss
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 files and extract the data which is not present in other file with condition

I have 2 files whose data's are as follows : fileA 00 lieferungen 00 attractiop 01 done 02 forness 03 rasp 04 alwaysisng 04 funny 05 done1 fileB alwayssng dkhf fdgdfg dfgdg sdjkgkdfjg funny rasp (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajniman
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy all the contents of a list of files present in a folder to a particular file?

Hi All, I want to copy all the contents of a list of files in a folder to a particular file. i am using following command: cat dir/* >> newFile.txtIt's not working. Could you please help? Thanks, Pranav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pranav Bhasker
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and extract the data which is present in other file - awk is not working

file2 content f1file2 content f1,1,2,3,4,5 f1,2,4,6,8,10 f10,1,2,3,4,5 f10,2,4,6,8,10 f5,1,2,3,4,5 f5,2,4,6,8,10awk 'FNR==NR{a;next}; !($1 in a)' file2 file1output f10,1,2,3,4,5 f10,2,4,6,8,10 f5,1,2,3,4,5 f5,2,4,6,8,10awk 'FNR==NR{a;next}; ($1 in a)' file2 file1output nothing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to append multiple text files into one file based on pattern present in filaname

Hi All-I am new to Unix , I need to write a script. Can someone help me with a requirement where I have list of files in a directory, I want to Merge the files if a pattern of string matches in filenames? AAAL_555A_ORANGE1_F190404.TXT AAAL_555A_ORANGE2_F190404.TXT AAAL_555A_ORANGE3_F190404.TXT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)