Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Single Liner for indexing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Single Liner for indexing Post 302927685 by senhia83 on Thursday 4th of December 2014 05:44:45 PM
Old 12-04-2014
Single Liner for indexing

Hello,

This is pretty simple, I`m looking for a faster and better method than brute force that I`m doing.

I have a 20GB file looks like

Code:
Name1,Var1,Val1
Name1,Var2,Val2
Name2,Var1,Val3
Name2,Var2,Val4

I want 3 files.

Nameindex

1 Name1
2 Name2

Varindex

1 Var1
2 Var2

datafile

1 1 Value1
1 2 Value2
2 1 Value3
2 2 Value4

What I`m doing right now is

Code:
cut -f1 infile | sort -u | cat -n > nameindex

cut -f2 infile | sort -u | cat -n > varindex

Then sort the datafile by each column and join

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array indexing in shell

Hi , I have 4 array as below Input: servernames=(10.144.0.129 10.144.0.130 10.144.0.131) subfolder_129=(PSTN_SigtranCamel_03 PSTN_SigtranCamel_04 PSTN_SigtranCamel_05) subfolder_130=(SigtranCamel_11 SigtranCamel_12 SigtranCamel_13 SigtranCamel_14 SigtranCamel_15)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushmab82
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]filtering file to indexing...

dear all, i have file with format like this file_master.txt 20110212|231213|rio|apri|23112|222222 20110212|312311|jaka|dino|31223|543234 20110301|343322|alfan|budi|32131|333311 ... i want filter with output like this index_nm.txt rio|apri jaka|dino ... index_years.txt 20110212... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

indexing list of words in a file

Hey all, I'm doing a project currently and want to index words in a webpage. So there would be a file with webpage content and a file with list of words, I want an output file with true and false that would show which word exists in the webpage. example: Webpage content data.html ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

indexing a file

hello guys, I have a file like this: input.dat Push-to-talk No Coonection IP support Support for IP telephony Yes Built-in SIP stack Yes Support via software Yes Microsoft Support for Microsoft Exchange Yes UMA (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk, array indexing

cat filename|nawk ' { FS="="; if (!a++ == 0) print $0 } ' can anyone plz explain how does array inexing works,how it is evaluating if (!a++ == 0)?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreamzalive
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file using 2-D indexing system

I have a file and want to split it using a 2-D index system for example if the file is p.dat with 6 data sets separated by ">". I want to set nx=3, ny=2. I need to create files p.dat.1.1 p.dat.1.2 p.dat.1.3 p.dat.2.1 p.dat.2.2 p.dat.2.3 I have tried using a single index and want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Indexing Variable Names

Hi All I think I might have bitten off more than I can chew here and I'm hoping some of you guys with advanced pattern matching skills can help me. What I want to do is index the occurrence of variable names within a library of scripts that I have. Don't ask why, I'm just sad like that... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbq
3 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Your site has been switched to Mobile First Indexing

Well, Google throws the web a curve ball again: I thought I was going to get a break from coding; but no..... https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture1240.png (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
15 Replies
ttk_image(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						      ttk_image(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk_image - Define an element based on an image SYNOPSIS
ttk::style element create name image imageSpec ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The image element factory creates a new element in the current theme whose visual appearance is determined by Tk images. imageSpec is a list of one or more elements. The first element is the default image name. The rest of the list is a sequence of statespec / value pairs specifying other images to use when the element is in a particular state or combination of states. OPTIONS
Valid options are: -border padding padding is a list of up to four integers, specifying the left, top, right, and bottom borders, respectively. See IMAGE STRETCHING, below. -height height Specifies a minimum height for the element. If less than zero, the base image's height is used as a default. -padding padding Specifies the element's interior padding. Defaults to -border if not specified. -sticky spec Specifies how the image is placed within the final parcel. spec contains zero or more characters "n", "s", "w", or "e". -width width Specifies a minimum width for the element. If less than zero, the base image's width is used as a default. IMAGE STRETCHING
If the element's allocated parcel is larger than the image, the image will be placed in the parcel based on the -sticky option. If the image needs to stretch horizontally (i.e., -sticky ew) or vertically (-sticky ns), subregions of the image are replicated to fill the par- cel based on the -border option. The -border divides the image into 9 regions: four fixed corners, top and left edges (which may be tiled horizontally), left and right edges (which may be tiled vertically), and the central area (which may be tiled in both directions). EXAMPLE
set img1 [image create photo -file button.png] set img2 [image create photo -file button-pressed.png] set img3 [image create photo -file button-active.png] style element create Button.button image [list $img1 pressed $img2 active $img3] -border {2 4} -sticky we SEE ALSO
ttk::intro(n), ttk::style(n), ttk_vsapi(n), image(n), photo(n) KEYWORDS
style, theme, appearance, pixmap theme, image Tk 8.5 ttk_image(n)