Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add input to text file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add input to text file Post 302927377 by cmccabe on Tuesday 2nd of December 2014 02:13:03 PM
Old 12-02-2014
Did post 4 help? Thank you ver much Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

input text into file

hello everyone, this is my first time posting here so be nice ;-) I am a bit new at unix scripting and have basically been hacking other peoples scripts to get them to do what I need. I have now hit a bit of a stop. This problem is very basic but I can't just seem to figure out how to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cannonfodder
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text in input file

I wish to replace values of specific parameters in an input file for batch runs of a java code. It's essentially a nested for-loop sorta like this: valuearray1 contains values for param1 valuearray2 contains values for param2 for (all values in valuearray1) go into specific position in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daphantomica
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add new lines of text before and after each input line

I have a file that contains hundreds of lines such as: this_is_macro,000001 this_is_macro,000002 this_is_macro,000003 I would like to add the variable words MACROBEGIN MACRO_000001 MACROBEGIN MACRO_000002 MACROBEGIN MACRO_000003 above each line and add the word MACROEND ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

input text from file into 2d array

Hi all I have a little brainscratcher here. I want to draw a pie chart from data in a text file. The drawing of the graph works fine, if I insert the data manually into a 2d array. Now I want to pull the data from a text file (which was created using a uniq -c command) see sample below.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pietie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

input text at certain lines of a file

Hi, I have an xml file which will be edited by the user. I would like to get input from user and insert that at line 40 of the xml file. PLease can some one help me to know how to insert the text at specified line using shell script. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with using text file as input

Hello All, I'm attempting to use a text file as input to a specific field in a command. Below is the command... Typically it looks like this ans_dump testzone.com channel=dnsw32 | grep AAAA I have about 500 zones I want to check... how do I use my text file as input where the zone name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spartan22
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read text file and use it as input

I need to take a text file that holds a bunch of data and run each the stuff in it as an input for the program. the file would hold stuff like this: thing1.awesomesite.com 80 123.456 thing2.awesomesite.com 80 789.098 thing3.awesomesite.com 80 765.432 ... Now I already know the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shade917
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open Text file input data and save it.

Hi Guys, I have blank file A.txt I will run the script xyz.sh First i want to open a.txt file... Now i will enter some data like XYZ ABC PQR .. Save it and keep continue my script.... END of my script. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying a file to multiple other files using a text file as input

Hello, I have a file called COMPLIST as follows that contains 4 digit numbers.0002 0003 0010 0013 0015 0016 0022 0023 0024 0025 0027 0030 0031 0032 0033 0035 0038 0041 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sph90457
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search last column of INPUT.txt in TABLEs text and add correspond columns to INPUT.txt

Hi dears i use bash shell i have INPUT.txt like this number of columns different in one some row have 12 , some 11 columns see last column INPUT.txt CodeGender Age Grade Dialect Session Sentence Start End Length Phonemic Phonetic 63 M 27 BS/BA TEHRANI 3 4 298320 310050... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alii
2 Replies
Alzabo::Runtime::Index(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Alzabo::Runtime::Index(3pm)

NAME
Alzabo::Runtime::Index - Index objects SYNOPSIS
use Alzabo::Runtime::Index; DESCRIPTION
This object represents an index on a table. Indexes consist of columns and optional prefixes for each column. The prefix specifies how many characters of the columns should be indexes (the first X chars). Some RDBMS's do not have a concept of index prefixes. Not all col- umn types are likely to allow prefixes though this depends on the RDBMS. The order of the columns is significant. INHERITS FROM
"Alzabo::Index" Note: all relevant documentation from the superclass has been merged into this document. METHODS
columns Returns an ordered list of the "Alzabo::Runtime::Column" objects that are being indexed. prefix ("Alzabo::Runtime::Column" object) A column prefix is, to the best of my knowledge, a MySQL specific concept, and as such cannot be set when using an RDBMSRules module for a different RDBMS. However, it is important enough for MySQL to have the functionality be present. It allows you to specify that the index should only look at a certain portion of a field (the first N characters). This prefix is required to index any sort of BLOB column in MySQL. This method returns the prefix for the column in the index. If there is no prefix for this column in the index, then it returns undef. unique Returns a boolean value indicating whether the index is a unique index. fulltext Returns a boolean value indicating whether the index is a fulltext index. function For function indexes, this returns the function being indexed. id The id is generated from the table, column and prefix information for the index. This is useful as a canonical name for a hash key, for example. Returns a string that is the id which uniquely identifies the index in this schema. table Returns the "Alzabo::Runtime::Table" object to which the index belongs. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky, <autarch@urth.org> perl v5.8.8 2007-12-23 Alzabo::Runtime::Index(3pm)