Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX RCP slow down and blocks login, telnet, rsh, etc on target server Post 302927079 by artur_dietrich on Sunday 30th of November 2014 08:16:59 PM
Old 11-30-2014
Wrench RCP slow down and blocks login, telnet, rsh, etc on target server

Hello I have a LPAR AIX 6.1 on Power VM, Vio 2.2.3 and when I execute a rcp to this machine, I cant, simultaneosly, rlogin, telnet, rsh to this same LPARt. This commands stay hanged till the copy end, and Imeddiatlely the comand is executed (rlogin, telnet, rhs, etc).

Someone can give me a direction ?

Best Regards.
Artur

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet/Rsh

I am having a strange problem... I am trying to telnet into my Solaris m/c But it gives "Connection Closed " Same with rlogin and rsh But I can Login into ftp or do a finger to that m/c. I have no hosts.allow or hosts.deny entries . And also have one hostname in my local m/c . Can anybody... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rcp & rsh

Hi everybody, I have a problem with rcp & rsh command from Winnt 4 to an AIX machine. I would like to use rsh from Winnt on Unix but it works only with some machines of the domain. With the others, an error message appears and say : "myadress.com: rshd: 0826-826 The host name for your address... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfrangidis
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp error trapping in rsh

I am writing a program which is something like below: rsh host1 "rcp file dest:directory" I am running this script from a machine host2. host1 has rlogin configuration for host2. but, dest machine has no rlogin configuration for host1 and fails on remote calls. Could anyone tell me how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvejendla
2 Replies

4. Solaris

rsh connection is very slow.....what to look for...???

Hi All, My rsh connecion is very slow, what should I look for...??? Note : I get the rsh connection, but it takes time. Thanks & Regards, jumadhiya. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cannot login via telnet or ssh to AIX 5.2 server

I somehow modified the system so that no one can telnet or ssh into this box as any user including root. I might have blown away important files, I don't know. Please let me know what I have to check to make it so that I can login. This is what I get when I try to telnet or ssh: telnet bk02... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to check rsh/rcp between 2 servers

Hi, I need to check if rsh and rcp are enabled between to servers. What is the command to check both ? Servers : SunOS 5.10 Generic_120011-14 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V445 SA says that it is configured , so what setting I need to do ? These must be enable for ORACLE id on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reply2soumya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp, rlogin , rcp, rsh are not wroking

Hi Friends I am facing one problem, I am not able to use ftp, rlogin , rcp, rsh in a particular server. when I am trying to ftp certain file from that server it is giving Connection closed by remote host. Now from other unix box I am not able to rlogin that particular server. as .rhosts... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to enable and test the rsh and rcp in RHEL 5.3?

Hello, Can you help me on how to activate the rsh and rcp services. And also how do i test it after i have enable it Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shtobias
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically login in the telnet from present telnet

Hi, I was writing one script which includes to switch to the another telnet automatically from the present telnet server. I was using rlogin but firstly it takes the same user name of the present telnet and secondly it is prompting for the password. But i want to switch to the another telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek
2 Replies
KERBEROS(1)						      General Commands Manual						       KERBEROS(1)

NAME
kerberos - introduction to the Kerberos system DESCRIPTION
The Kerberos system authenticates individual users in a network environment. After authenticating yourself to Kerberos, you can use net- work utilities such as rlogin, rcp, and rsh without having to present passwords to remote hosts and without having to bother with .rhosts files. Note that these utilities will work without passwords only if the remote machines you deal with support the Kerberos system. If you enter your username and kinit responds with this message: kinit(v5): Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial credentials you haven't been registered as a Kerberos user. See your system administrator. A Kerberos name usually contains three parts. The first is the primary, which is usually a user's or service's name. The second is the instance, which in the case of a user is usually null. Some users may have privileged instances, however, such as ``root'' or ``admin''. In the case of a service, the instance is the fully qualified name of the machine on which it runs; i.e. there can be an rlogin service running on the machine ABC, which is different from the rlogin service running on the machine XYZ. The third part of a Kerberos name is the realm. The realm corresponds to the Kerberos service providing authentication for the principal. When writing a Kerberos name, the principal name is separated from the instance (if not null) by a slash, and the realm (if not the local realm) follows, preceded by an ``@'' sign. The following are examples of valid Kerberos names: david jennifer/admin joeuser@BLEEP.COM cbrown/root@FUBAR.ORG When you authenticate yourself with Kerberos you get an initial Kerberos ticket. (A Kerberos ticket is an encrypted protocol message that provides authentication.) Kerberos uses this ticket for network utilities such as rlogin and rcp. The ticket transactions are done trans- parently, so you don't have to worry about their management. Note, however, that tickets expire. Privileged tickets, such as those with the instance ``root'', expire in a few minutes, while tickets that carry more ordinary privileges may be good for several hours or a day, depending on the installation's policy. If your login session extends beyond the time limit, you will have to re-authenticate yourself to Kerberos to get new tickets. Use the kinit command to re- authenticate yourself. If you use the kinit command to get your tickets, make sure you use the kdestroy command to destroy your tickets before you end your login session. You should put the kdestroy command in your .logout file so that your tickets will be destroyed automatically when you logout. For more information about the kinit and kdestroy commands, see the kinit(1) and kdestroy(1) manual pages. Kerberos tickets can be forwarded. In order to forward tickets, you must request forwardable tickets when you kinit. Once you have for- wardable tickets, most Kerberos programs have a command line option to forward them to the remote host. Currently, Kerberos support is available for the following network services: rlogin, rsh, rcp, telnet, ftp, krdist (a Kerberized version of rdist), ksu (a Kerberized version of su), login, and Xdm. SEE ALSO
kdestroy(1), kinit(1), klist(1), kpasswd(1), rsh(1), rcp(1), rlogin(1), telnet(1), ftp(1), krdist(1), ksu(1), sclient(1), xdm(1), des_crypt(3), hash(3), krb5strings(3), krb5.conf(5), kdc.conf(5), kadmin(8), kadmind(8), kdb5_util(8), telnetd(8), ftpd(8), rdistd(8), sserver(8), klogind(8c), kshd(8c), login(8c) BUGS
AUTHORS
Steve Miller, MIT Project Athena/Digital Equipment Corporation Clifford Neuman, MIT Project Athena HISTORY
Kerberos was developed at MIT. OpenVision rewrote and donated the administration server, which is used in the current version of Kerberos 5. RESTRICTIONS
Copyright 1985,1986,1989-1996,2002 Massachusetts Institute of Technology KERBEROS(1)