Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find odd numbered items from a csv Post 302926306 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 23rd of November 2014 03:54:10 AM
Old 11-23-2014
Try:

Code:
awk -F, '{for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) if($i~/[13579]_?def$/) print $i}' file

or gawk/mawk:
Code:
gawk -F, '/[13579]_?def$/' RS='[,\n]' file

or if your grep understands the -o option:
Code:
grep -Eo '[^,]*[13579]_?def' file

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk between items including items

OS=HP-UX ksh The following works, except I want to include the <start> and <end> in the output. awk -F '<start>' 'BEGIN{RS="<end>"; OFS="\n"; ORS=""} {print $2} somefile.log' The following work in bash but not in ksh sed -n '/^<start>/,/^<end>/{/LABEL$/!p}' somefile.log (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Odd message from find command

Running the find command as: find /abc -follow -ls gives, for some files, the message, which I have never seen before: find: /abc/def/123.txt: No error Does it mean that find found the file with out error. If it found it without error then why did it not output the "ls" particulars as with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename numbered files to numbered files with leading zeroes

Hi, I have some hundreds/thousands of files named logX.dat, where X can be any integer, and they are sequential, X ranges between 1 and any number: log1.dat log2.dat log3.dat log6.dat log10.dat ... log6000.dat I would like to rename them to scatter_params_0001.dat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pau
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find/grep two items and display both

I have a file against which I can grep a string for. I can also check for that string count using wc -l (or grep -c). I need to display the results of both in one output i.e. 'line containing string' and 'count' - what would be the most efficient way of managing this? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haider1
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find similar items in a column

HI, I have a long file which looks like "1xxx_0_1" "1xxx" 500 5 "ABC*3-DEF*3-LL" "2yyy_0_1" "2yyy" 600 10 "ABC*2-DEF*2-LL" "3ddd_0_1" "3ddd" 150 52 "ABC*3-DEF*3-LL" "1xxx_0_1" "1xxx" 500 5 "ABC*3-DEF*3-LL" "2yyy_0_1" "2yyy" 600 10 "ABC*2-DEF*2-LL" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: XXLMMN
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a lis, find items in a file from the list, change each item

Hello, I have some tab delimited text data, file: final_temp1 aname val NAME;r'(1,) 3.28584 r'(2,)<tab> NAME;r'(3,) 6.13003 NAME;r'(4,) 4.18037 r'(5,)<tab> You can see that the data is incomplete in some cases. There is a trailing tab after the first column for each incomplete row. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find to delete lines with pattern and even or odd number

In the below directory I am trying to delete all lines with a .bam extention that have the pattern IonCode_ followed by an even number. I am also trying to delete all lines with a .fastq extention that have the pattern IonCode_ followed by an odd number. I was going to use find but can see all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)