Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl command error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl command error Post 302926167 by Corona688 on Friday 21st of November 2014 02:33:14 PM
Old 11-21-2014
You have to run it with perl commandname. Windows doesn't know or care what the #! line is.

Since it is not a bourne shell file, you shouldn't name it sh either. .pl would be more traditional for perl scripts.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Error with find command

Guys, I need to find all the files ending with either dmp or dmp.Z. This command is giving me error. @files =`find $path \(-name "*.dmp" -o -name "*.dmp.Z"\) -mtime +30`; sh: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 1 : `(' is not expected. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKNENI
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error executing shell command from a perl script

Hi Gurus, I've a find command that gets the list of files from a source directory where the extension is not html, xml, jsp, shtml or htaccess. The below find command runs fine from the command prompt or in a shell script. I need to eventually run it in a PERL script and am getting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: voorkey
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine two perl lines into a single perl command

Hi Everyone, i have a string 00:44:40 so: $tmp=~ s/://gi; $tmp=~s/({2})({2})({2})/$1*3600+$2*60+$3/e; the output is 2680. Any way to combine this two lines into a single line? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Sed command to perl command

Hello, Can any perl experts help me convert my sed string to perl. I am unsuccessful with this. I have to remove this string from html files OAS_AD('Top'); I have come up with this. However the requirement is in perl. for find in $(find . -type f -name "file1.html") ; do cat $find |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abacus
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command error...

Good morning! Imtrying to run: #!/usr/bin/perl perl -nle 'print if /\var\/log/' /etc/syslog.confBut I keep getting error: Do you need to predeclare -nle.Im trying to create a script that read the contents of /etc/syslog.conf and print out every line that contains /var/log. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl & Sed command -- Out of Memory Error

Experts, We used to receive our source files with '~^' as row delimiter. This file contains 2500K records and two of the columns having value in HTML formats within the file. While running the below commands against the file, we are encountering out of memory, could you please help to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivijay81
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl/unix: script in command line works but not in perl

so in unix this command works works and shows me a list of directories find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt but when i try running a perl script to run this command my $query = 'find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl error in batch command but works one at a time

In the below perl executes if one file is processed perfect. However, when multiple files are processed in batch which is preferred I get the below error that I can not seem to fix it as the '' necessary for the command to execute, but seem to only work for one -arg option. Thank you :). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. AIX

Perl error : perl: warning: Setting locale failed.

This's my problem perl: warning: Setting locale failed. perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings: LC_ALL = "en_US.UTF-8", LC__FASTMSG = "true", LC_MESSAGES = "", LC_CTYPE = "en_US.UTF-8", LC_TYPE = "en_US.UTF-8", LANG = "EN_US"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies
SOAPSH(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						SOAPSH(1p)

NAME
SOAPsh - Interactive shell for SOAP calls SYNOPSIS
perl SOAPsh http://services.soaplite.com/examples.cgi http://www.soaplite.com/My/Examples > getStateName(2) > getStateNames(1,2,3,7) > getStateList([1,9]) > getStateStruct({a=>1, b=>24}) > Ctrl-D (Ctrl-Z on Windows) or # all parameters after uri will be executed as methods perl SOAPsh http://soap.4s4c.com/ssss4c/soap.asp http://simon.fell.com/calc doubler([10,20,30]) > Ctrl-D (Ctrl-Z on Windows) DESCRIPTION
SOAPsh is a shell for making SOAP calls. It takes two parameters: mandatory endpoint and optional uri (actually it will tell you about it if you try to run it). Additional commands can follow. After that you'll be able to run any methods of SOAP::Lite, like autotype, readable, encoding, etc. You can run it the same way as you do it in your Perl script. You'll see output from method, result of SOAP call, detailed info on SOAP faulure or transport error. For full list of available methods see documentation for SOAP::Lite. Along with methods of SOAP::Lite you'll be able (and that's much more interesting) run any SOAP methods you know about on remote server and see processed results. You can even switch on debugging (with call something like: "on_debug(sub{print@_})") and see SOAP code with headers sent and received. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000 Paul Kulchenko. All rights reserved. AUTHOR
Paul Kulchenko (paulclinger@yahoo.com) perl v5.12.4 2010-06-03 SOAPSH(1p)