Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Showmount don't show NFS4
Operating Systems AIX Showmount don't show NFS4 Post 302926165 by Linusolaradm1 on Friday 21st of November 2014 02:30:27 PM
Old 11-21-2014
whooops!

Code:
man showmount

Code:
       Note: The showmount command returns information maintained by the mountd daemon. Because NFS Version 4 does not use the
       mountd daemon, showmount will not return information about version 4 mounts.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

showmount

SIZE=3]Is the only root can "showmount". How to set a user to be able "showmount"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcaelbukch
1 Replies

2. Linux

Why don't my clock show am or pm?

Is it not possible to get the "Digital" clock in KDE 3.3 to show am or pm? Well I just noticed the plain clock setting is the only one that shows it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CTroxtell21
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Don't show keyboard input on terminal

I am developing a script that will run with '/bin/ksh' shell. The script is intended to receive a password by keyboard input, but for security reasons I would like to hide what the user is typing. The keyboard input is being caught by 'read' command. exmaple : echo "Please type your new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marianor31
1 Replies

4. AIX

NFS4 with KERBEROS

I was wondering if any of you have used NFS4 with KERBEROS in a HACMP setup and environment with more than 1 resourcegroup that has NFS mount in them. I Configures the host keys for an Network File System (NFS) server I get stuck with the nfshostkey I can only add one at a time per system so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravager
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to remove spaces - examples don't show up correctly

I have the following data from a manual database dump. I need to format the columns so that I can import them into an excel spread sheet. So far I have been able to get past the hurdles with vi and grep. Now I have one last issue that I can't get past. Here is an example of the data. Here is... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris_Rivera
18 Replies

6. Solaris

showmount

Hi, when i give showmount -a command following is the error that i get. root@server # showmount -a showmount: server: RPC: Program not registered Can anyone say the cause for that, and also a solution. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amult
5 Replies

7. Solaris

showmount -e : solaris 10

Hi Admins; I am working on nfs mount on solaris10. I can mount the remote directory from remote nfs server, but when I try "showmount -e serverIP " on client ; it shows nothing, just hanging... Anyone does know why showmount is not showing the exported share? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

OS X: Save mtv.com video files (they don't show up in Safari's Activity)

Hi Howto save videos from MTV.com? I am using OS X. example http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/730863/the-situations-confrontation.jhtml#id=1678445 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

NFS4 mount

Hi all, I am trying to configure an NFS4 server and client. I have been through the entire setup and i have managed to mount the directory as i wanted to however it doesn't seem quite right. My server is "swstage", the NFS4 pseudofilesystem is "/NFS4", the directory i am trying to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
7 Replies
showmount(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      showmount(8)

NAME
showmount - Shows remote NFS compatible mounts on a host SYNOPSIS
showmount [-adeT] [-t nnn] [host] FLAGS
Lists all mount points in the form: hostname:dirpath. In this form, hostname is the name of a client that has remotely mounted a directory from an NFS server, and dirpath is the directory that has been mounted. Lists only directories that have been remotely mounted by clients. Shows host's exports list. Specifies an infinite timeout. The default timeout value is 25 seconds. Specifies a timeout value, in sec- onds. The default timeout value is 25 seconds. The default value for host is the current hostname. DESCRIPTION
The showmount command shows status information about the NFS server on host. By default, it prints the names of all hosts that have NFS file systems mounted from the server host. See NFS: Network File System Protocol Specification, RFC1094, Appendix A for a detailed description of the protocol. NOTES
The mountd daemon running on the server only has an idea of the actual mounts, since the NFS server is stateless. showmount will only dis- play the information as accurately as the mount daemon reports it. The default timeout value of 25 seconds can be too brief to read and verify an export list. If you receive timeout messages when using the showmount -e command, use either the -T or the -t options to increase the timeout value. FILES
Specifies the command path Contains a table of local file systems mounted by remote NFS clients RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: mount(8) Daemons: mountd(8) Files: mountdtab(4) delim off showmount(8)