Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep script name with path
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep script name with path Post 302925825 by jhonnyrip on Wednesday 19th of November 2014 01:42:03 PM
Old 11-19-2014
Grep script name with path

would like to grep everything from first occurrence of / until >(not includes)

example :

0 5 * * * /usr/local/bin/shell/test.sh >/tmp/test.log
Output would be : /usr/local/bin/shell/test.sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maintain full path of a script in a var when sourcing it from a different script

Hi All, I've searched through the forum for a solution to this problem, but I haven't found anything. I have 2 script files that are in different directories. My first script, let's call it "/one/two/a.sh" looks like this: #!/bin/sh IN_DIR=`dirname $0` CUR_DIR=`pwd` cd $IN_DIR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrbluegreen
4 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to use a execvp-call to do "grep PATH"?

Hello! I am learning how to use the function execvp. I have read through the UNIX manual. I have a process. I run execvp and I command it to do “printenv”. It works fine. Before I do the execvp-call I pipe STDOUT to go to a specific pipe. After that I restore STDOUT. I read that pipe in another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andersbranderud
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep for a last word from a path

Hi , I want to get the last word from a path. Example:: I have path:: /TEMP_REGRESSION/regression/TESTSUITE/TestCases/Test1201/ext_libs/DATA/INTERNAL/pad_ext.lef I want the last word only.ie pad_ext.lef Please let me know how to grep that word. Thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gujrathinr
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

absolute path for a script ran with relative path

I have a script in which i want to print absolute path of the same script irrespective of path from where i run script. I am using test.sh: echo "pwd : `pwd`" echo "script name: $0" echo "dirname: `dirname $0`" when i run script from /my/test/dir/struct as ../test.sh the output i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rss67
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script use min resource ( grep grep)

Hi i wrote script use it as watchdog ( i mean it check another program (pooya) whenever that was killed (closed or crashed) it run another script (pooya_start.sh) to start it, this script work fine and do the job for me , i need help of an expert to tell me (exact command) how to change this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -l /directory/path | grep -f filter.txt NOT WORKING

Hi, I have been searching all over and cannot find a script or command that simply search or match the filenames listed in a file and match it from a directory. so far, example: cat filter.txt file1.def file2.conf file3.def ls -l /directory | grep -f filter.txt (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select the shortest path in grep search?

Hi, How can I display only one shortest path (A/B/configure)? $ grep configure file.txt A/B/configure A/B/C/configure A/B/C/D/configure Thank you. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a perl script similiar to grep -r 'word' /path/to/dir"

Hi , i am looking for a perl script to grep for a string in all files inside a directory . bash command . grep -r 'word' /path/to/dir Thanks, Nvil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nevil
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep script name with path from crontab

I need help to grep file name with path from crontab ex : 0 5 * * * /tmp/test.sh 2>/tmp/test.log output : /tmp/test.sh Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2004 getusershell(3C)