Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing values to an XML file from shell script Post 302925722 by Monalisaa on Wednesday 19th of November 2014 01:16:12 AM
Old 11-19-2014
I have 2 variables a and b . a=12345 and b=8976.
In the XML there are 2 tags suppose:
<xyz>111</xyz>
<uio>222</uio>
Now , I want to pass value of 'a' i.e. '12345' to XML tag <xyz> and replace '111' by '12345'. Again value of 'b' i.e. '8976' will be passed to XML tag <uio> and '222' will be replaced by '8976'.
How to do this in 1 go ?
Hope i have made myself clear !!!!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Passing Parameters and getting values back from a c program to Shell script

I am having a shell script which has to be called from a C program. I have to pass two parameters to this script. HOw can I do that? eg: int main() { char st1; char str2; // call a shell script call_sh(str1,str2) where call_sh is the name of the shell script. then i need to get the return... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Values from a shell script

Hi all I want to know how to pass value from one shell script to another suppose i have script named A.This 'A.sh' calls 'B.sh' .Now some calculations are done by B.sh ..Say in variable X. Now i want to pass the value of this X variable to 'A.sh'... A.sh ----> B.sh ( X variable ) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing values from sql to shell script

Hi guyz, Posting a thread after a long time. I want to pass two variables to unix shell script from sql script. Note: I am calling sql script from unix script. sql script has 2 variables one is the return code for status of program run and second one email flag. I don't know how to capture... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing values to the shell script

Hi, Solaris : 10 . I have 3 database in single file system i.e. /d01 . whenever I connect to oracle user using the below method #su - oracle It will prompt for which database environment you want to set(PROD,TEST,UAT) : whichever i need i will enter required DATABASE and perform my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maooah
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing PERL var values to SH Shell Script

Greetings all, If I have a SH script that calls a PERL script in the following way: perl $HOME/scripts/config.properties And in the config.properties PERL file, this Perl script only sets a number of environmental parameters in the following way: #!/usr/bin/perl $VAR1 = ( ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gikyo12
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error while including values in xml tags using shell script

Hi All, Please find the code below where I want to add the variable value in between the XML tags. I am taking one string and my goal is to put them between the xml tags. Ex : in between <name> , <lname> Kindly suggest a correction because while executing this script I am getting and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh4U
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from xml file script

Hi, please help on this. I want extract values of xml file structure and print in determined way. <ProjectName> --> only appears once <StructList> --> is the top node <Struct> node --> could be more than 1 NameID, STX, STY, PRX, PRY --> appears only 1 time within each <Struct> node... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
10 Replies
Parser::Style::Stream(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Parser::Style::Stream(3)

NAME
XML::Parser::Style::Stream - Stream style for XML::Parser SYNOPSIS
use XML::Parser; my $p = XML::Parser->new(Style => 'Stream', Pkg => 'MySubs'); $p->parsefile('foo.xml'); { package MySubs; sub StartTag { my ($e, $name) = @_; # do something with start tags } sub EndTag { my ($e, $name) = @_; # do something with end tags } sub Characters { my ($e, $data) = @_; # do something with text nodes } } DESCRIPTION
This style uses the Pkg option to find subs in a given package to call for each event. If none of the subs that this style looks for is there, then the effect of parsing with this style is to print a canonical copy of the document without comments or declarations. All the subs receive as their 1st parameter the Expat instance for the document they're parsing. It looks for the following routines: o StartDocument Called at the start of the parse . o StartTag Called for every start tag with a second parameter of the element type. The $_ variable will contain a copy of the tag and the %_ variable will contain attribute values supplied for that element. o EndTag Called for every end tag with a second parameter of the element type. The $_ variable will contain a copy of the end tag. o Text Called just before start or end tags with accumulated non-markup text in the $_ variable. o PI Called for processing instructions. The $_ variable will contain a copy of the PI and the target and data are sent as 2nd and 3rd parameters respectively. o EndDocument Called at conclusion of the parse. perl v5.16.2 2011-05-24 Parser::Style::Stream(3)