Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Executing ksh script to remote server want output on same window Post 302925326 by RudiC on Sunday 16th of November 2014 07:16:14 AM
Old 11-16-2014
... or a login/.rc script that could issue a reset command? What be the remote shell? Are those two -t options to ssh necessary as you are running the script interactively? What does the \p do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a remote location script from local server

hi i am having two servers one is local and remote(FTP)server.from local server i have to connect to remote server and execute a shell script i want to run a shell script(remote location) from my local server i am having some knowledge on ftp but i am not getting the result .please give ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh help - getting the output of remote script to local server.

Hi, I have a script that runs for an hour. Have to run it on remote server and need the output it produces on the remote server to decide for failure or success. I run it through a Autosys Job which logs the outputs, both 1 & 2. I use the commands 1) rsh <SERVER> 'nohup /tmp/xyz.ksh &' 2)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aster007
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing remote server sqlplus

Hello Guys I have to compare flat file record to oracle table record count count which are on different servers I am taking the flat file record count from the server now I am connecting to remote server first and then running sqlplus But after connecting to remote server the sqlplus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem executing perl script on remote server

Hello, I am running in to a problem running a perl script on a remote server. I can run a simple script test.pl which contains just a print statment without issue by running ssh root@1.2.3.4 perl test.pl However, I have a more complex script that does not execute as expected. I think I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: colinireland
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script with Interactive ssh on remote server

HI Unix Gurus, I an stuck in an interesting issue, where I am trying to execute a script on remote server after ssh. The script on remote server is interactive,. Whenever it is called it hangs where it expects input from terminal and I have to terminate it. I have searched through fourm... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevanm
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing local script/command on remote server

I have a command that I want to run on machine B from machine A. If I run the command on machine B locally, it works fine. Here is the command: for n in `find /data1/ -name 'ini*.ext'` ; do echo cp $n "`dirname $n `/` basename $n .ext`"; done From machine A, I issue this command ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirtyd0ggy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

output from remote server during execution of a script

How to see the output from remote server during execution of a script ? I am executing a script (ls) from machine 1 but the o/p should be displayed in machine 2. Can I achieve this ? Example:- Machine 1:- # ls Machine 2:- (console) file1 file2 file 3 dir1 dir2 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a script in remote server

Hi All, I have 2 servers A and B. I need to connect to server B from server A and execute a shell script in B which will create some files and i need to copy those files back to server A. Required easiest possible for perfoming above task. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to keep staying on remote server after executing a shell script with if then exit end statement?

i have a "if .. then exit end " in s shell script on remote servers. now the connection to the remote server got killed after i run this script on the remote servers. How do i run this script on remote hosts and still keep remote connections alive after executing the script. Thank you. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonmonk
10 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)