Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Move file in to directory- script Post 302925220 by junior-helper on Friday 14th of November 2014 03:35:13 PM
Old 11-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by primo102
any ideas ?
Yes, not a too efficient one though... Use it at your own risk. All commands are supposed to be run in the /mnt/upload directory.
A proper backup of those png files (with preserved modification timestamps) is highly recommended before attempting to perform the mass mv operation.

Code:
# get last modification date + filename
# sample output line: 2014-09-02 16:47:34.973268280 +0200 ./test.png
find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -name '*.png' -exec stat -c '%y %n' {} + >temp1.txt

Code:
# cut + reformat last modification date from YYYY-MM-DD to YYYYMMDD, cut filename
# sample output line: 20140902,test.png,
sed 's/^\(....\)-\(..\)-\(..\).*\/\(.*\)$/\1\2\3,\4,/' temp1.txt | sort >temp2.txt

Code:
# create neccessary directories
cut -d, -f1 temp2.txt | uniq | xargs mkdir

Code:
# assembling and executing mv commands
# sample output line: mv "test.png" 20140902
# try without "| sh" first to see if the output is correct!
awk -F, '{ printf "mv \"%s\" %s\n", $2, $1 }' temp2.txt | sh

Code:
# deleting temp files
rm temp[12].txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move a file from windows directory to unix directory

Move a file from windows directory to unix directory, is this possible? if it is, can someone help me on this? Thanks! God bless! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to MOVE via FTP a directory

Good afternoon! I need to move a bunch of files from an FTP site to my server. However mget *, dele * will not suffice as I cannot guarantee that new files are not uploaded between commands. Roughly, this is what I would like to do: (using a .netrc) ftp somehost bin prompt cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abirdd
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script that will move a file to a directory with the same name and then rename that file

Hello all. I am new to this forum (and somewhat new to UNIX / LINUX - I started using ubuntu 1 year ago).:b: I have the following problem that I have not been able to figure out how to take care of and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.:confused: I have all of my music stored in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the latest or older File from one directory to another Directory

I Need help for one requirement, I want to move the latest/Older file in the folder to another file. File have the datetimestamp in postfix. Example: Source Directory : \a destination Directory : \a\b File1 : xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt (xy_032120101456.txt) File2: xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pp_ayyanar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files to a directory according to date

hi all, here is the description to my problem. input parameter: $date1 based on the date i need to select three files starting with audit.log* based on its modified date, a date before, a date after(if its exists). We need to compare the input date to modified date of the file. And then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashrocks
3 Replies

6. Programming

Script for creating a directory & move the .tif files in it.

Hi Team, I have thousands of TIF files which are converted from PDF. Below is a sample of it. LH9406_BLANCARAMOS_2012041812103210320001.tif LH9406_BLANCARAMOS_2012041812103210320002.tif LH9406_BLANCARAMOS_2012041812103210320003.tif LH9411_ANGENIAHUTCHINSON_2012041812102510250001.tif... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

move a file content to another directory

my script is: /u/user/orginal/:#! /bin/ksh find . -name "aur_prog*" -exec grep -il "error" > test.out #awk command to destination directory exit test.out file contain: ./aur_prog1.log ./aur_prog2.log ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roughwal
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move latest zip file to another directory

Hi folks, In my application there is a job running which create a .dat file along with it zip file also at unix box location /opt/app/cvf/temp1 so in temp1 directory I have one .dat file and its zip file also. Now since this job runs every day so if a job runs today there will be two files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move file from one directory to other of only particular user?

I written unix script where a pdf file generates. But if the script is used by multiple people at a time it generates same pdf with two different owner names and creating a problem with permission while moving the file. is there a way where i can move the file filtering with the user? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakers646
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)