Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to find remote IP addresses that applications are scanning them? Post 302924480 by hce on Monday 10th of November 2014 05:32:28 AM
Old 11-10-2014
How to find remote IP addresses that applications are scanning them?

Hi,

I have a web server running on Debian 6.0.4 in a computer outside my university, but the web URL is blocked by my university, the security group of the university said because it was scanning computers inside university.

I could not find any applications in my web server are doing scanning, especially I want to know which IP addresses it is trying to contact to. Is there any simple way to check which applications in my web server are scanning and which IP addresses of the remote machines that my web server is trying to contact to?

Thank you.

- j

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

find computer names from IP addresses?

Arright, here's what I'm trying to do. I want to dig up currently active IP addresses on my subnet, and my present strategy is to ping every address until I find active ones, then ping them more often to verify their status. Next, I want to find the names of the computers associated with those... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sladuuch
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error in a remote find

2 AIX servers (AIX 5.3). From local server, I need to manage remote files. But I have some errors with find : # rsh remoteserver find /directory -name filename is OK : I can see the remote file BUT : # rsh remoteserver find /directory -name filename -exec ls -l {} \; fails : I have : find :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: annemar
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find application that are scanning the network

Hi, I got a alert from network security that one of hpux server is running tcp port scan on the network, this server is running informix server and i am not aware of any application that is scanning the network. what are ways to findout the which application and user is doing the scan? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robertngo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find ip addresses in logfiles?

Hi guys, I need to check a few log files as below to find out whether certain ip addresses is present on these log files. type8code0: ls -alt -rw-r--r-- 1 root other 796219588 Mar 20 02:25 logfile drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1536 Mar 20 02:00 . -rw-r--r-- ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: type8code0
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Remote Connect Fail With “No more multiple IP addresses to connect” Error

We have a production server at a client site running AIX. And recently when users are trying to connect to it via telnet, it prompts "No more multiple IP addresses to connect". Can I know what does this error mean? and how to rectify this? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete characters & find unique IP addresses with port

Hi, I have a file having following content. <sip:9376507346@97.208.31.7:51088 <sip:9907472291@97.208.31.7:51208 <sip:8103742422@97.208.31.7:51024 <sip:9579892841@97.208.31.7:51080 <sip:9370904222@97.208.31.7:51104 <sip:9327665215@97.208.31.7:51104 <sip:9098364262@97.208.31.7:51024... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find applications that use openssl

I have a OpenSSL configured in my RHEL machine. I need to find the list of applications that use or depend on OpenSSL. Is it possible to know which application is using the shared library? ldd `which openssl` linux-gate.so.1 => (0x00b3a000) libssl.so.10 => /usr/lib/libssl.so.10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowtham.varma
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find the count of IP addresses that belong to different subnets and display the count?

Hi, I have a file with a list of bunch of IP addresses from different VLAN's . I am trying to find the list the number of each vlan occurence in the output Here is how my file looks like 1.1.1.1 1.1.1.2 1.1.1.3 1.1.2.1 1.1.2.2 1.1.3.1 1.1.3.2 1.1.3.3 1.1.3.4 So what I am trying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2prog
2 Replies
ROUNDUP-SERVER(1)					      General Commands Manual						 ROUNDUP-SERVER(1)

NAME
roundup-server - start roundup web server SYNOPSIS
roundup-server [options] [name=tracker home]* OPTIONS
-C file Use options read from the configuration file (see below). -n hostname Sets the host name in the Roundup web server interface. -p port Sets the port to listen on (default: 8080). -d file Daemonize, and write the server's PID to the nominated file. -l file Sets a filename to log to (instead of stdout). This is required if the -d option is used. -i file Sets a filename to use as a template for generating the tracker index page. The variable "trackers" is available to the template and is a dict of all configured trackers. -s Enables to use of SSL. -e file Sets a filename containing the PEM file to use for SSL. If left blank, a temporary self-signed certificate will be used. -N Log client machine names instead of IP addresses (much slower). -u UID Runs the Roundup web server as this UID. -g GID Runs the Roundup web server as this GID. -d PIDfile Run the server in the background and write the server's PID to the file indicated by PIDfile. The -l option must be specified if -d is used. -v Print version and exit. -h Print help and exit. name=tracker home Sets the tracker home(s) to use. The name variable is how the tracker is identified in the URL (it's the first part of the URL path). The tracker home variable is the directory that was identified when you did "roundup-admin init". You may specify any number of these name=home pairs on the command-line. For convenience, you may edit the TRACKER_HOMES variable in the roundup-server file instead. Make sure the name part doesn't include any url-unsafe characters like spaces, as these confuse the cookie handling in browsers like IE. EXAMPLES
roundup-server -p 9000 bugs=/var/tracker reqs=/home/roundup/group1 Start the server on port 9000 serving two trackers; one under /bugs and one under /reqs. CONFIGURATION FILE
See the "admin_guide" in the Roundup "doc" directory. AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Bastian Kleineidam <calvin@debian.org> for the Debian distribution of roundup. The main author of roundup is Richard Jones <richard@users.sourceforge.net>. 27 July 2004 ROUNDUP-SERVER(1)