Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Warning: pointer type mismatch Post 302924335 by Aia on Saturday 8th of November 2014 12:20:17 AM
Old 11-08-2014
What's going on here?
Code:
printf("socket descriptor is
 rc = setsockopt(s,SOL_SOCKET,SO_REUSEADDR,&on,sizeof on);

Minimum, there's a closing `");' missing for the printf().

Last edited by Aia; 11-08-2014 at 01:43 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Accesing structure member:Error:dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

$ gcc -Wall -Werror struct.c struct.c: In function `main': struct.c:18: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type $ cat struct.c #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> /*Declaration of structure*/ struct human { char *first; char gender; int age; } man,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
3 Replies

2. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

3. Programming

pass a pointer-to-pointer, or return a pointer?

If one wants to get a start address of a array or a string or a block of memory via a function, there are at least two methods to achieve it: (1) one is to pass a pointer-to-pointer parameter, like: int my_malloc(int size, char **pmem) { *pmem=(char *)malloc(size); if(*pmem==NULL)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Build Error: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I'm getting the following Error: prepare_pcap.c: In function `prepare_pkts': prepare_pcap.c:127: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type prepare_pcap.c:138: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ==================================== This is the part of the relevant... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: katwala
8 Replies

5. Programming

gcc 4.3.2 accept sys call warrning incompatible pointer type

Hi all, this warning is driving me nuts. I use -pedantic with -Wall and -Werror so this needs to be fixed. BUILD: GNU-Linux-x86 Any ideas? struct sockaddr_in server_addr; int addr_len = sizeof (server_addr); fd = accept(link->socket_fd, (struct sockaddr_in *)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: personificator
2 Replies

6. Programming

warning: passing arg 1 of `inet_addr' makes pointer from integer without a cast

I use solaris10,following is tcp client code: #include "cliserv.h" int main(int argc,char argv){ struct sockaddr_in serv; char request,reply; int sockfd,n; if(argc!=2) err_quit("usage: tcpclient <IP address of server>"); if((sockfd=socket(PF_INET,SOCK_STREAM,0))<0) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konvalo
1 Replies

7. Programming

Dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

// Hello all, I am having this error "Dereferencing pointer to incomplete type " on these 2 lines: xpoint = my_point->x; ypoint = my_point->y; I am having no clue y this is happening. Any help would be greately appreciated!!!! #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
2 Replies

8. Programming

Compilation Error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I am getting a dereferencing pointer to incomplete type error when i compile the following code on lines highlighted in red. Can anyone help me in identifying what is wrong in the code? #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> typedef struct{ int info; struct node* link ; } node; void... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeharshasn
3 Replies

9. Programming

warning: comparison between pointer and integer

Hi guys :D I am still playing with my C handbook and yes, as you can see I have small problem as always :cool: I wrote a C code #include <stdio.h> #define MESSAGE 100 int main(void) { char input_mes - Pastebin.com And when I try to compile it I get following errors from gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
1 Replies
sccs-val(1)							   User Commands						       sccs-val(1)

NAME
sccs-val, val - validate an SCCS file SYNOPSIS
/usr/ccs/bin/val - /usr/ccs/bin/val [-s] [-m name] [-rsid] [-y type] s.filename... DESCRIPTION
The val utility determines if the specified s.files meet the characteristics specified by the indicated arguments. val can process up to 50 files on a single command line. val has a special argument, `-', which reads the standard input until the end-of-file condition is detected. Each line read is indepen- dently processed as if it were a command line argument list. val generates diagnostic messages on the standard output for each command line and file processed and also returns a single 8-bit code upon exit as described below. The 8-bit code returned by val is a disjunction of the possible errors, that is, it can be interpreted as a bit string where (moving from left to right) the bits set are interpreted as follows: bit 0 = missing file argument bit 1 = unknown or duplicate option bit 2 = corrupted s.file bit 3 = can not open file or file not in s.file format bit 4 = the SCCS delta ID (SID) is invalid or ambiguous bit 5 = the SID does not exist bit 6 = mismatch between %Y% and -y argument bit 7 = mismatch between %M% and -m argument val can process two or more files on a given command line, and in turn can process multiple command lines (when reading the standard input). In these cases, an aggregate code is returned which is the logical OR of the codes generated for each command line and file pro- cessed. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s Silent. Suppresses the normal error or warning messages. -m name Compares name with the %M% ID keyword in the s.file. -rsid Checks to see if the indicated SID is ambiguous, invalid, or absent from the s.file. -y type Compares type with the %Y% ID keyword. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of val: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsprot | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sccs(1), sccs-admin(1), sccs-delta(1), sccs-get(1), sccs-help(1), what(1), sccsfile(4), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Use the SCCS help command for explanations (see sccs-help(1)). SunOS 5.10 30 Sep 2002 sccs-val(1)