Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Safe place for download
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Safe place for download Post 302924287 by 69Rixter on Friday 7th of November 2014 02:12:42 PM
Old 11-07-2014
Safe place for download

Afternoon:

I know this may sound inane, but could anyone direct me to a site where I could safely D/L a Ubuntu/Linux O.S. (.iso). I'm having so much trouble with LM17 (before that it was Ub12.04) and someone suggested a corrupted O.S. Just F.Y.I., I downloaded from LinuxMint homepage. Used Unetbootin to 'load" to USB pendrive. (could there be a problem in that?) This has been a problem far too long( problems constantly within both LM17 and Ub12.04). I'd like to be able to use Ubuntu/Linux but in order to do so, I have to get the O.S. working correctly. I'm seeking someone with extensive/experienced expertise(no offence to anyone intended) with Linux O.S's, PLEASE!!! [HP2000-210...LM17 Cinnamon 64bit]
Thank you:
Rick

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Async-Signal-Safe versus MT-Safe

Hi, I am Solaris 9 developer and notice that the documentation does not provide a clear notion of the inherent concurrency in routines defined as "Async-Signal-Safe". Routines defined as "MT-Safe" obviously have the best level of concurrency, compared to normal "Safe" interfaces. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tristan12
1 Replies

2. Solaris

What is the best way to copy data from place to another place?

Dear Gurus, I need you to advice or suggestion about the best solution to copy data around 200-300G from serverA(location A) to serverB(location B). Normally, I will share folder and then copy but it takes too long time(about 2 days). Do you have any suggestion or which way should be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
9 Replies
readdvd(1)							    readdvd 1.0 							readdvd(1)

NAME
readdvd - is creating an image of your source dvd media or medias even if it has / they have corrupted blocks SYNOPSIS
readdvd [-l] [-h] readdvd -d DEVICE1 [-d DEVICE2] [-d ...] -o file.iso [-s #] [-v] [-vv] DESCRIPTION
readdvd reads even a corrupted dvd and writes the the result into a new image file on your harddisk. DEVICE
can be an IDE, SCSI, SATA, USB or FireWire connected optical drive. Not all SATA controller support all Plextor features. Linux: /dev/hdX: IDE device /dev/scdX: Linux 2.4: SATA, SCSI, USB device, or IDE device via ide-scsi emulation /dev/srX: Linux 2.6: IDE device via new ATA layer, SCSI or USB device OpenBSD/NetBSD: /dev/rcdX FreeBSD: /dev/cd: SCSI device /dev/acd: ATA device MacOS X: /dev/disk: win32: C:,D:,E:, ... X:,Y:,Z: OPTIONS
-l scan busses for all available CD and DVD devices -h help shows available options. -o file.iso write data to imagefile named file.iso -s # read source media with selected speed -v use verbose mode -vv use extended verbose mode INTERACTIVE MODUS
q stop reading media and exit w save sector map which is currently read and continue with the next one EXAMPLES
readdvd -d /dev/sr0 -o filename.iso -s 8 -v create an image filename.bin of inserted media in device /dev/sr0 with read speed 8 in verbose mode. please report man page improvements to T.Maguin@web.de Gennady ShultZ Kozlov 10. April, 2009 readdvd(1)