Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automate database design changes! Post 302924175 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 6th of November 2014 06:19:35 PM
Old 11-06-2014
How about this:

Code:
awk \
    -v F="ALL NODES ;" \
    -v T="NODE_ONE_ONLY ;" '
FNR==NR {
   TABLE=$0
   sub(/^.*SELECT /,x,TABLE)
   sub(/(\.a)*\n.*/,x,TABLE)
   if (TABLE !~ " " && length(TABLE))
       C[TABLE]=$0";"
   next
}
$1 == "TABLE" && $2 =="NAME" {
   TABLE=$3
   sub(/.*[\.]/,x,TABLE);

if (TABLE in C) {
      N=C[TABLE]
      gsub(F,T,N)
      printf "DROP OLD INDEX %s;\n", TABLE
      print N "\n"
   }
}' RS=\; database_design.txt RS='\n' LOG_design_failure.txt

output:

Code:
DROP OLD INDEX stagingdata_5151_Design_1a;
  CREATE INDEX DATABASE.TABLE_INDEX_NAME_CHANGES /* nonsense label here */
  (
   a
  )
  AS
   SELECT stagingdata_5151_Design_1a.a
   FROM DATABASE.TABLE_NAME
   ORDER BY testint.a
  SEGMENTED BY algorithmHASH(testint.a) NODE_ONE_ONLY ;

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C++ class design

Can anybody tell me what is the best website or books to read for getting good knowledge in doing C++ class design. Please leave cplusplus.com or bjorne stroustrup. Other than these is there any website or book. Please do tell me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to design a program

i want to make a shell program. This program i give a current day and the result is to appear the celebrity and birthday(birthday and celebration is 2 txt files). In addition this procedure must do for a space day in future or past depend on user choice. Finally the program can run and as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mytilini boy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell design

i want to design the shell for some basic commands such as cp mkdir rm mv etc... so please let me know how to start and wich all books to refer and if any body is having the model just mail me at, devskamat018@gmail.com:) i will be waiting please reply soon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devaray
1 Replies

4. Solaris

redirect solaris database from linux database..

hi.. i have a need .. my php runs on my linux redhat box with mysql.. i want my php code to refer another mysql database which is in solaris 10 x86... can u tell me the procedure .. how it can be done through php .. sorry am new to php... is it possible to redirect from linux mysql to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't create database after Oracle Database installation

I installed Oracle 10 software on Solaris 11 Express, everything was fine execpt I can't create database using dbca.rsp file. I populated file with following options. OPERATION_TYPE = "createDatabase" GDBNAME = "solaris_user.domain.com" SID = "solaris_user" TEMPLATENAME = "General... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON Job to copy database and replace existing database

I have a reseller account with hostgator, which means i have WHM and Cpanel. I have set up a staging environment for one of my wordpress installations (client website), which is essentially sitting at staging.domain.com (live site is at domain.com). The staging website is a complete copy of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nzrobert
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP Design

Hi all, I'm seeking an efficient and secure means of providing multiple named users access to files by their functional areas. For security, I've chosen SFTP using key pair authentication. The general principle is we have multiple users as follows: We have two type of files for Function... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bagpuss
2 Replies
DROP 
TABLE(7) SQL Commands DROP TABLE(7) NAME
DROP TABLE - remove a table SYNOPSIS
DROP TABLE [ IF EXISTS ] name [, ...] [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP TABLE removes tables from the database. Only its owner can drop a table. To empty a table of rows without destroying the table, use DELETE [delete(7)] or TRUNCATE [truncate(7)]. DROP TABLE always removes any indexes, rules, triggers, and constraints that exist for the target table. However, to drop a table that is referenced by a view or a foreign-key constraint of another table, CASCADE must be specified. (CASCADE will remove a dependent view entirely, but in the foreign-key case it will only remove the foreign-key constraint, not the other table entirely.) PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the table does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table to drop. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the table (such as views). RESTRICT Refuse to drop the table if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
To destroy two tables, films and distributors: DROP TABLE films, distributors; COMPATIBILITY
This command conforms to the SQL standard, except that the standard only allows one table to be dropped per command, and apart from the IF EXISTS option, which is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
ALTER TABLE [alter_table(7)], CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP TABLE(7)