Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX Cluster Show shared file systems. Post 302923811 by Clovis_Sangrail on Tuesday 4th of November 2014 02:18:17 PM
Old 11-04-2014
AIX Cluster Show shared file systems.

Hello,
I am working on applications on an AIX 6.1 two-node cluster, with an active and passive node. Is there a command that will show me which mount points / file systems are shared and 'swing' from one node to the other when the active node changes, and which mount points are truly local to each node and not shared?

I can run commands with superuser access, but obviously I do not want to change/break anything, this is a production environment. Thanks for any help you can give.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote file copy across 2 systems (AIX and SCO)

Hello, Pls i need to copy some data from AIX Unix 4.3 to a SCO Openserve 5.0.5 using rcp command. But i keep on having permission error. WHAT IS THE SOLTION OR WHAT COMMAND CAN I USE AGAIN (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aji
4 Replies

2. AIX

How to debug a shared library(.so file) on AIX?

How to debug a shared library(.so file) on AIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AlbertGao
1 Replies

3. AIX

IBM AIX on AS/400 Systems

Sry for my beginner question. I didn't find a list with all supported server types for an AIX 5.3 installation. Unfortunately ibm.com page has problems with the sign in so I can't ask in the ibm foum. Will AIX 5.3 run on a 9402, 9404 or 9406 system? Thanks for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyzer
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing systems in Solaris, AIX and HP-UX

Hi, Can anybody teach me the printing systems supported for Solaris 9, AIX and HP-UX 11i. Thanks in advance.:) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
0 Replies

5. AIX

Breaking AIX cluster

Hello All, I was just wondering: How do I break a server cluster in an AIX 5.2 environment? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

6. AIX

changing values for nfs shared file system on aix

Hi, I want to change the values for shared file system in aix for that I have run the command smitty chnfsexp but I am not getting the all the values which I have seen while adding the file system while exporting example smitty chnfsexp but after selecting shared file system using F4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

7. AIX

Should I be worried about my AIX Cluster?

I have a 2-node Power 7 - 16cpu - 32gb RAM - AIX 6L cluster. The production node has 10 physical cpus (40 cores) and 24gb of RAM. The cluster has been live for 6 weeks and I'm seeing some things on the production node that I think could be of concern but wanted to get some opinions. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
6 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 5.2 C++ shared object issue

Hi all, I am developing an application with two components. One "c" binary and one "C++" shared object. While execution, the shared object crashes out and core dump is created whenever "new" is executed. But if i use malloc this will work perfectly. I tried to use dbx. Below given was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itssujith
1 Replies

9. AIX

AIX flag to reduce size of shared file

I am using xlC (Version: 11.01.0000.0011). While build i am using "-g" to have debug information in build. there are many object files (>500) due to which resultant shared file (.so) will have huge size. I can't reduce optimization level. Is there any way or flag is present by using which i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhi04
2 Replies
o2cb_ctl(8)							OCFS2 Manual Pages						       o2cb_ctl(8)

NAME
o2cb_ctl - Control program for the O2CB cluster service. SYNOPSIS
o2cb_ctl -C -n object -t type [-i] [-a attribute ] o2cb_ctl -D -n object [-u] o2cb_ctl -I [-o-z] -l manager> [-n object>] [-t type] [-a attribute] o2cb_ctl -H [-n object] [-t type>] [-a attribute>] o2cb_ctl -h o2cb_ctl -V DESCRIPTION
o2cb_ctl is the control program for the O2CB cluster service. Users are not advised to use this program directly but instead use the O2CB init service and/or ocfs2console. OPTIONS
-C Create an object in the OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -D Delete an object from the existing OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -I Print information about the OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -H Change an object or objects in the existing OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -h Displays help and exit. -V Print version and exit. OTHER OPTIONS
-a <attribute> With -C, <attribute> is in format "parameter=value", where the parameter is a valid parameter that can be set in the file /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf. With -I, <attribute> may be "parameter", indicating an attribute to be listed in the output, or it may be "parameter==value", indicating that only objects matching "parameter=value" are to be displayed. -i Valid only with -C. When creating something (node or cluster), it will also install it in the live cluster. If the parameter is not specified, then only update the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf. -n object object is usually the node name or cluster name. In the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf file, it would be the value of the name parameter for any of the sections (cluster or node). -o Valid only with -I. Using this parameter, if one asks o2cb_ctl to list all nodes, it will output it in a format suitable for shell parsing. -t type type can be cluster, node or heartbeat. -u Valid only with -D. When deleting something (node or cluster), it will also remove it from the live cluster. If the parameter is not specified, then only update the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf. -z Valid only with -I. This is the default. If one asks o2cb_ctl to list all nodes, it will give a verbose listing. EXAMPLES
Add node5 to an offline cluster: $ o2cb_ctl -C -n node5 -t node -a number=5 -a ip_address=192.168.0.5 -a ip_port=7777 -a cluster=mycluster Add node10 to an online cluster: $ o2cb_ctl -C -i -n node10 -t node -a number=10 -a ip_address=192.168.1.10 -a ip_port=7777 -a cluster=mycluster Note the -i argument. Query the IP address of node5: $ o2cb_ctl -I -n node5 -a ip_address Change the IP address of node5: $ o2cb_ctl -H -n node5 -a ip_address=192.168.1.5 SEE ALSO
mkfs.ocfs2(8) fsck.ocfs2(8) tunefs.ocfs2(8) mounted.ocfs2(8) ocfs2console(8) o2cb(7) AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved. Version 1.6.4 September 2010 o2cb_ctl(8)