Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy from local to remote
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy from local to remote Post 302923799 by RudiC on Tuesday 4th of November 2014 01:21:42 PM
Old 11-04-2014
You certainly should not login to node2 10000 times. Create a shell script with all the mkdirs, login, and execute remotely. And, I'd create the entire file and directory structure locally, e.g. while read line ; do echo mv ${line/png\//png \/tmp\/}; done < pod.txt, and then copy that over with one single scp command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I like to mount a remote/local diskette...!

Hi...! I have to connect a remote machine (solaris server) from a workstation, and I want to access the local diskette. I like mount the local diskette in the workstation, not the remote diskette (in the server). The server is a Solaris 2.7 in a Sun Ultra 450. The workstations are Sun Ultra... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kayron
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File System - Remote or Local??

Is there a way to find if the file systems mounted on a AIX/Linux box is local or remote? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Un1xNewb1e
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands to copy a tar.gz file from a Remote Unix Server to Local Desktop.

Hi, Just wanted to know, how can I ftp/transfer/copy a (design.tar.gz) archive from a Unix Server (sdmc222.sdmc.cp-srv.com) which is at a remote location, to my Windows Desktop. Obviously, it is not possible at cmd prompt on my Windows using the following commands :- ftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using local variable on a remote machine

Hi, I'm writing a korn shell script where the user enters a variable and I have to create a directory remotely which contains the name of that variable. Example. print 'Please enter variable:' read variable ssh user@host 'mkdir before_$variable;' Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jangozo
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file from RDP to Local

Hi All, I am trying to copy a file from remote desktop to my local system using copy and xcopy commands...but none of them worked..is there any batch file or commands to do the copying .if do please share with me..... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan420
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from local host to a list of remote hosts --- perl script

Hi friends, i need to prepare a script ( in perl) i have a file called "demo.exe" in my local unix host. i have a list of remote hosts in a file "hosts.txt" now i need to push "demo.exe" file to all the hosts in "hosts.txt" file. for this i need to prepare a script(in perl, but shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy files from remote server to local?

Hi experts, I 'm newbie to unix world, now I have task to copy the latest files from remote server to my local. I believe this must be very common request in this community. I want you do it one more time for me please. My requirement is something like this: I receive files in the below... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a local shell script in a remote machine by passing arguments to the local shell script

I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command > ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails. Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from remote to local

Hi, I came across the scenario, that I need to copy files from the remote server to my local. The files in the remote server are created by another job and its keep on generating the files in that remote folder. We can't able to use SCP command and we're using SFTP to connect the server and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janarthan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
CHSH(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)